Monsters Inc. Deal at K-Mart

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Hall, Sep 13, 2002.

1. Michael Hall

Michael Hall Stunt Coordinator

I just got next week's K-Mart sales circular in the mail here in the US and I thought I'd pass along what has to be the lowest retail price I've seen thus far for "Monsters Inc." They are advertising the DVD or VHS (but who needs that?) for 14.87! That looks like a great deal to me, and remember that certain retailers (I know Wal*Mart is one) will price match, so if you don't find it any cheaper, take the K-Mart circular in and have them match it. Just thought I'd pass along the word to the fine HTF people here. [​IMG]

2. Manny_S

Manny_S Stunt Coordinator

Let me know if you actually go to Kmart and get this deal. I'll probably be going there in the morning. The next best price out there is Circuit City for $15.99.

3. GordonL

GordonL Supporting Actor

There's also a $5 rebate form in the Sunday Ads if you buy 3 packages of OR popcorn and Monsters, Inc. This is not a KMart coupon, rather it was in the general coupons flyer. Also with the rebate form was a $0.55 coupon for the popcorn.

4. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Michael, a belated welcome to HTF. You'll find all the B&M deals each week are covered in great detail in David Lambert's Weekly Roundup. Click here for this week's edition.

5. Dave Dugan

Dave Dugan Stunt Coordinator

I actually got it for $13.99 at K-Mart by bringing in the Shopko flyer...

-D

6. rodney wiley

rodney wiley Second Unit

BB matched it for me and many others according to the manager.

7. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

I decided to go to Walmart after the gym, before work, 7am, and they had already lowered their price in their computers to beat K-Mart's price on Monster's Inc. by $0.10. They also already had Panic Room marked for $15.87 I'd assume to beat Best Buy. The only one they had to price match for me was Death To Smoochy, which Target had advertised for $16.99. Like Craig pointed out above, Dave provides a great service in his Weekly Roundup. If you ever find something that he didn't catch, you could post it in his thread or PM him, and I'm sure he'd be happy to make a note of it in the main message. Welcome to the forum.

8. GordonL

GordonL Supporting Actor

My local WalMart (FairLakes, VA) still has this for $14.00. I guess they're overstocked.