What's new

Monster's Ball P&S only !? (1 Viewer)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
According to Digital Eyes and DVDPricesearch, it's 2.35 anamorphic widescreen. I would doubt a film such as this would be released in pan and scan only.

Patrick Bennett

Stunt Coordinator
I was going from DVD Empire's info for the film (they're usually pretty good about it). Digital Eyes does indeed show it as 2.35:1 though. Coming from "Studio Home Entertainment," (never heard of them) it seemed quite possible that they were doing something as silly as releasing the moving 1.33 only.

It would be nice to find some definitive info on it.

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
It's coming from Lions Gate. Studio Home Entertainment is one of their company aliases. As for it being P&S it better not be. I was told it would be 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen by someone in marketing there.

I was told however that it will be the Theatrical cut of the film which removes part of the sex scene between Billy Bob and Halle. My contact went on to tell me that the unrated cut would be released later. The unrated cut was released theatrically in Canada.

This was however a couple weeks back. I'll email my Lions Gate contact again in the next day or so and try to get some closure to this issue.

Mark

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Anamorphic Widescreen at the proper "scope" aspect ratio.
C'mon, its Lion's Gate Home Entertainment...not Buena Vista Home Entertainment or Columbia Tri-Star Home Entertainment.
Also click here:
http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-.../03_18_31.html
Scroll down to the heading "Having a 'ball'"
...features include an anamorphic widescreen transfer...
One more thing, when DVDEmpire doesn't have the complete specs for a DVD, they always list the video as 1.33:1 standard. They did it for the budget titles that arrived on April 12th from Buena Vista Home Entertainment.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
This probably won't matter much to me, but I have to ask. What about the contention that there will be an unrated cut later? I care enough to wait if we know it's coming, but not enough to buy it if I already have the Theatrical cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks