1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Monster's Ball P&S only !?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Bennett, Apr 22, 2002.

1. Patrick Bennett

Patrick Bennett Stunt Coordinator

I was ready to pre-order Monster's Ball, but just noticed that it's P&S 1.33:1 only. Arrgghhhh!! [​IMG]

2. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

According to Digital Eyes and DVDPricesearch, it's 2.35 anamorphic widescreen. I would doubt a film such as this would be released in pan and scan only.

3. Patrick Bennett

I was going from DVD Empire's info for the film (they're usually pretty good about it). Digital Eyes does indeed show it as 2.35:1 though. Coming from "Studio Home Entertainment," (never heard of them) it seemed quite possible that they were doing something as silly as releasing the moving 1.33 only.

It would be nice to find some definitive info on it.

4. Mark McLeod

Mark McLeod Second Unit

It's coming from Lions Gate. Studio Home Entertainment is one of their company aliases. As for it being P&S it better not be. I was told it would be 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen by someone in marketing there.

I was told however that it will be the Theatrical cut of the film which removes part of the sex scene between Billy Bob and Halle. My contact went on to tell me that the unrated cut would be released later. The unrated cut was released theatrically in Canada.

This was however a couple weeks back. I'll email my Lions Gate contact again in the next day or so and try to get some closure to this issue.

Mark

5. Patrick Bennett

Any news Mark?

6. rutger_s

rutger_s Supporting Actor

Anamorphic Widescreen at the proper "scope" aspect ratio.
    C'mon, its Lion's Gate Home Entertainment...not Buena Vista Home Entertainment or Columbia Tri-Star Home Entertainment.
    Also click here:
    http://www.dvdfile.com/software/dvd-.../03_18_31.html
    Scroll down to the heading "Having a 'ball'"

7. Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco Cinematographer

This probably won't matter much to me, but I have to ask. What about the contention that there will be an unrated cut later? I care enough to wait if we know it's coming, but not enough to buy it if I already have the Theatrical cut.