MonsterPower vs. Belkin PureAV

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by RyanQ, Dec 19, 2005.

1. RyanQ

RyanQ Extra

Not sure if this is the correct forum, but I'm willing to spend up to $200 on a surge protector.

I searched online and found the 2 most popular brands are Belkin PureAV and MonsterPower.

Anyone have information/experience on/with either of these?

2. Brian Osborne

Brian Osborne Stunt Coordinator

how many component are you wanting to protect? Are you looking for power conditioning as well? Have you considered whole house surge protection?

3. Brian R

Brian R Stunt Coordinator

I have the PureAV PF40 (AP21300-12) and have no complaints. It looks good, allows me to plug in all components, provides delayed power on for the amps and provides surge protection.

The PureAV can be found for substantial discounts online. The PF40 which retails for $549.00 at most local and several online retailers is under $200.00 on many online sites.

4. Jameson Richard

Jameson Richard Auditioning

if you are looking to get rid of most of the fuz in the picture and the shadowing problems with you tv the monster power/line conditioner will help out with those problems plus it will also improve the sound quality from the receiver because it will get rid of the noise going through your power... a good monster power center is the best investment for you system to get the best of it that you can...

5. aaron campbell

aaron campbell Second Unit