Monster THX Speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Rory Buszka, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka Supporting Actor

Jun 5, 2002
    I was in the new Fry's Electronics store in Fishers, IN and saw some speakers that had sort of curvy cabinets with real nice woodgrain finish. They have a modular tower speaker where the powered subwoofer is the speaker stand for an MTM monitor speaker, with two 7" woven-Kevlar drivers, a treated silk dome tweeter, and a big 10" or 12" bass driver (hard to tell, think it's a 10"). Has anyone had a chance to listen to these speakers, and what are your impressions? It looks like Monster Cable is trying to build their brand into speakers and amplifiers now, too.
  2. MikeGee

MikeGee Second Unit

Dec 11, 2004
    i believe these are what you are refering to. I can't imagine them sounding bad but i'd see them being over priced just like everything else monster puts out.
    Look very nice tho.
  3. Jonathan T.

Jonathan T. Stunt Coordinator

May 6, 2005

A subwoofer with a puny 200W amp is only 1200 bucks. Sound reasonable.

Some "THX" certified speaker stands that look to be nothing for than pretty basic aluminum stands, only 350 bucks.

Some basis, but pretty, monitors, only 600 bucks a piece.

My friends, I think we have another BOSE!

(okay, I think it's obvious these are better than anything BOSE offers, but they are also Obviously nearly as overpriced.

EDIT: Nevermind the fact that there are basically no "SPECS" given, other than marketting fluff that BOSE uses too....