What's new

Monster Squad (76-77) Coming To DVD---Now This Is A Surprise (1 Viewer)

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
Surprise? More of a shock! Another weird piece of my '70s childhood has resurfaced.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I do remember this show, but just barely. I think I saw one or two episodes back then. There are only 15 episodes. Yep. Another weird piece of 70s to pop up.

Tim Tucker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tim Tucker
And a very strange concept for a show: A young man's science experiment animates the classic monster wax figures in a Chamber of Horrors, who then become crimefighters! :eek:

paste

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David

I think there might be some rights problems with it, plus every episode had a different song on it.

It was actually shot at the same studio at the same time as Big John, Little John; Monster Squad, and McDuff, the Talking Dog, but was made by another studio.

The series' producer and director tried to do a meta-reunion tv movie for the series at one point in the 90s, but whoever owned the rights didn't seem to want to do anything with the property and turned him down.

paste

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David

Thanks for noticing the error, I fixed it on the site.

The episodes listing that TV Shows on DVD used came from my site, so I should have noticed the discrepancy when I originally posted the guide.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
It'll be great to be able to play Monster Squad after an episode of Ghost Busters with Larry Storch.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Hmm. With all the non-releases going on due to the economy, "Monster Squad" might have to go down as 2009's Most Unexpected Never Thought It Would Get Released TV DVD

Last year's contenders were Quark, Starlost and Square Pegs.

I'd love to see Kids From Caper, Run Joe Run, Far Out Flying SpaceNuts come out

JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I got news from Amazon that its being shipped to me. But I still don't know if it has any extras on it. I hope there's some interviews on it.

James

paste

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David

A friend of mine got his copy of the set in the mail yesterday via Amazon. He said the shows look good, but no extras.

Best Buy, Borders, Target, and Barnes and Noble seem to have it for online ordering only. Netflix doesn't have it in their system and my local video store that specializes in obscure and cult stuff didn't get a copy either.

It looks like I'm going the Amazon route for it.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i was informed in Canada that the copy will not be available until July 20, 2009.

I was looking forward to seeing Gopher in this role. I have the ghost buster one with Forrest Tucker and Larry Storch. Those two guys make me laugh since i seen them in F-Troop.

Matt.Koz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt Kozlowski
Thanks everyone. I ended up ordering mine online as well. I searched high and lo but no dice. Even Newbury Comics came up empty and they typically stock more obscure titles that larger B&M stores may not.

Not to mention that I was reaching the peak of my frustration explaining that I was not looking for the 20th Anniversary Edition of the 1987 film of the same name.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks