Monster Power Conditioner ??

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by DonnyD, Apr 16, 2004.

1. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

Was in a local B&M tonight and had a long look and salestalk about Monster Power conditioners. Are they really worth it? They were really pushing the 3500 (?) and teh PB1100..... Input anyone.........??

2. Jeremy Little

Jeremy Little Supporting Actor

Varied opinions on them. In my experience at least, there is an improvement in audio and video performance. Maybe the power in my neighborhood, but I could definitely tell a difference.

3. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    Make sure you have a money-back return option if you don't see enough in it to make it worth your while.

4. Dave Koch

Dave Koch Stunt Coordinator

Not super hot on the Monster brand, but I did pick one up. Not sure what model #, but it was a hefty one as I have a big power amp.

If nothing else, I lost my 60hz crawl through my TV... I *think* sound improvred, too....

For me, I am happy....

5. Johnny_M

Johnny_M Second Unit

would you recommend something like that for an old house? i just moved into a place and when the AC is running the lights occasionally flicker. I have not tried using my HT with the ac on yet, could I do any damage?

Johnny

6. Cornelius

Cornelius Stunt Coordinator

A brownout is one of the worst conditions for electronic equipment. Depending on the regularity and severity of the brownouts, a power conditioner may not be what you want. You may need to use some sort of UPS (uninterrupted power supply) to supply the power.

CJ

7. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Out of curiousity, just what did they have their equipment hooked up to at this B&M place?