What's new

Monster power centers? (1 Viewer)

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
I was just wondering if anyone has the monster AVS2000 or the new HTS5100 or have seen how well they perform.I currently have the monster HTS1000 and am consedering upgadeing to something better and these are what Ive been checking out.Im really leaning to the AVS for its voltage stabilazation but is it really worth that kind of cash 1,499.99
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
The reason Im looking for something like this is that Im concerding getting to running multiple amps for my system possably something from sunfire and I wont to get the most out of them I can.
If it helps out my system so far is,
sony 36"XBR (soon getting upgraded to the new 65"XBR)
sony str-da5es recever
sony dvp-c650d dvd player (looking to upgrade also)
polk cs400i center
polk rt55i front mains
polk rt55i front surrounds
polk rt55i rear surrounds
and soon to be added SVS 16-46cs+ sub,Im not sure yet but I may go with two of these bad boys.
Thanks for any help. :D

John H

Second Unit
I just replaced a failed HTS-3500 with a 5100 just a few days ago.
I had a Parasound HCA-2205A and a HCA-1500A plugged into it's high current outputs. I could not detect any "choking" of the amplifiers sound at reference listening levels.
I did like the addition of the current draw amp meter they have added to the new units.
One thing I did not like is that the display meters illunmination can only be dimmed and not turned of.
The meter display is huge and distracting even fully dimmed behind my cabinets smoked glass doors.
Some may like cool looking displays. I don't like the distraction from the screen.
I have replaced it with a Panamax 5100
The Monster unit is now being used on my closet housed components.
I use a Current Design PC-8 on my pre/pro and source components.
John

SamRoza

Stunt Coordinator
I have the HTS5k, and I love it. I didn't really notice much of a difference in the sound, but that's not why I bought it...I wanted some filtering for major power issues, and a good power organizer for all of my equipment.

It works great. No issues, don't mind the VU meter either...though mine I think is dimmable all the way to off.

Sam

John H

Second Unit
Gerard.
I have only had this unit in my system for a day or so.
I have not noticed it restricting my amplifers performance.
John

RicP

Screenwriter
I have a little different setup in that I have a Monster 3500 Power Center plugged into a PS Audio 20 Amp Ultimate Outlet. I have my Parasound HCA-1500A Amplifier running straight into the other outlet on the UO, bypassing the Monster Center.

Everything else, including the Pioneer Elite 29TX receiver is running through the Monster Center with no noticable loss of dynamics or staging at all.

I'm happy with the setup as it stands now.

jason celaya

Stunt Coordinator
I have the hts2500 and it did wonders for my system. i love it other than the brightness of the LEDs

DanaA

Screenwriter
I have the HTS 5000 and really can't tell whether there was an improvement in sound quality. I have short term sound memory and by the time I had everything unplugged and replugged, I couldn't really tell. I do like that it has high current connections and the way it keeps all of my equipment in order. It does seem very well designed. I may be the only one, but I also like the meter's blue color and the appearance of the diodes. When I bought it, the salesperson also told me that it would emit a whistling sound if ever the things that protect from surges ever wore out and that, instead of replacing the whole unit at this point, you could just reinstall the surge protection part. Anyone know anything about this? Obviously I'm not too well versed, but apparently, every time a surge comes through, it wears away a coating or something. After a while, our surge protectors are useless in this regard, and we don't even know it. Thus, the benefit of the whistling sound.

Luis A

Second Unit
Joe,
I would go with the AVS2000 instead of the HTS5100 so that way you are getting stable power through your system. Your HTS1000 can be used with the AVS, and its especially worth it if you plan on using several amps. However if you do decide you really want to upgrade the HTS1000, you might want to wait for the HTS7000 which will be a balanced unit from what I understand. Anyway, your choice, but thats what I'd do.:)
L

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks