What's new

Monster or Other Cable? (1 Viewer)

AbelM

Second Unit
About Monster Brand? Just curious as to see if you guys liek MOnster or a differ type of connection?

Mark Rich

Second Unit
Buy cables from one of the custom cable makers. They offer better performance with your choice of connectors to the exact length your require. They will also perform better than either of the above for similar or less cost. Lots to choose from so look around:

Bettercables.com

Avcable.com

wickedcables.com

Rhinocables.com

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Don't blow a huge wad of cash if you don't need to. You should be just fine buying some of the gold series Radio Shack cables, or Acoustic Research cables found at Best Buy etc.

In most likelyhood you won't notice much difference between them and the custom made or "boutique" cable MANY here will tell you you must have in order to enjoy your system.

Out of curiosity, what components (brands) are you hooking up? Reason I ask is that if it's a "mainsteam" system with components found at the local Circuit City, Best Buy etc. odds are using custom cables will not give you a good return on investment as compared to the above mentioned brands.

Many will challenge these statements, but hey, I like saving money where I can.

Let the battle begin...again

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
If you need phat speaker wire check out Home Depot's stuff on the racks.
$ .47 per ft for ridiculous 12 ga that I used in a 30 ft length to move the SV around the room for testing.
Eventually I only needed 4 feet.
The rest went to the front 3!
:emoji_thumbsup:

AbelM

Second Unit
That's cheap Colin, I'll check that out...

My componets are just some Yamaha speakers...the new package deal or whatever you wanna call it, 6 speaker set. Going from the Yamaha RX-V520/HTR-5450

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks