What's new

Monster new Woody Woodpecker Box set coming from Universal! (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Lots of rare Walter Lantz stuff.
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/classic/w...dpecker-on-dvd

I've been trying FOREVER to get a copy of the Columbia House disk #11 that has "Under the Counter Spy" on it with no luck. Maybe if a ton of people buy this first collection the rest will come out in a second box, including later shorts like UTCS.

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
was woody showed in seasons?
what does this package include? which seasons/years ?

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
So it is a safe bet to say that it is as complete as it gets so far ?

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson

I'm no Woody expert, but it's very safe to say that this is the best compilation on home video (any format) to date.

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe

Well, I cracked open the box set and found that Disc 1 contained the shorts that Disc 2 was supposed to have and vice versa. Have any of you had the same problem. Good thing that all the shorts are there - just labeled on the wrong discs.

I'm not sure I agree with the above linked review. I saw the 1st 5 shorts and all were watchable and actually made me crack a "hah". The best one so far had to be "Pantry Panic". Never thought I'd actually see the personification of "Starvation" - clever. One thing the reviewer is right about - I didn't feel any empathy towards Woody in the first shorts - maybe that will come. So far, he's trying very hard to be Daffy Duck. Hopefully his own personality becomes evident as the shorts continue. On to short #6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks