What's new

Monster Inc. - anyone get satisfaction yet from Disney regarding defective disc (1 Viewer)

Henry Woo

Agent
Just wondering if anyone has received satisfaction from Disney yet regarding the defective Monster Inc. disc; defective meaning the freezing of the disc/movie right before the end of the movie. I know this error happened predominately on Pioneer dvd players though I have read reports that the same error happened on other brands.

It has been a while now and I am just wondering if Disney came out with a solution. Or is Disney just hoping that people would just forget about it. I can understand them not wanting to admit the problem and incur the additional costs of fixing such a big seller. However I am hoping that they will just do the right thing and reissue replacements. Disney did this with problems around the "Atlantis" dvd release.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Won't be buying any of the Disney Treasures (or any other titles from this company) til I get a Monsters Inc disc that plays on my player without stopping!

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
One of the few recent DVD's that plays flawlessly on my player. I don't even notice a layer change.

Discs that cause my player to completely lock up, usually at the layer change.

Lord of the Rings, Theatrical Version.
Harry Potter and the Sorecerer's Stone.
Mission Impossible II.
Rocky & Bullwinkle.

Several other's pause at the layer change longer than they should.

I'm suprised that some of the more Recent Dics like B&tB Monster's Inc., Star Wars, and E.T. play flawlessly on my machine. The mastering process must be getting better.

I so want a new/better player, because mine seems to lock up on everything but those few.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks