What's new

Monster HTS-3500 failure (1 Viewer)

John H

Second Unit
I use 2 power centers in my system. A Current Design PC-8 for my main unit. I use one of it's outlets to trigger a Monster HTS-3500
I was doing some subwoofer measuring when all of the sudden I heard a constant low level high pitched sound. (the subwoofers have nothing to do with the 3500. They each have their own dedicated circiuts.) I traced it down to the Monster unit. The entire front panel display was out. LED indicators as well as the AC meter.
I went outside and flipped it's dedicated breaker off and back on hoping the unit might reset itself. I also tried to reset the breaker on the rear of the unit. It did not help. I pulled the unit from my system and tested it several times. No front panel lights, no meter function, no rear outlet operation, just the noise.
There was no evidence of a power surge or brownout when the unit failed. My PC-8 has an alarm that sounds when in protection mode.
I believe the unit just failed.
I guess I will look up my sales receipt and see if the unit is still under warranty.
I am going to pick up a replacement 5100 later today. I don't want my system down for the holidays.
John

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i have a hts-2500 and if memory serves me correctly...the monster power units have a lifetime warranty so i don't sweat the receipt too much.

kevin t

John H

Second Unit
if memory serves me correctly...the monster power units have a lifetime warranty
I checked and it's 5 year coverage. My 3500 is a little over 2 years old.
I installed a HTS-5100 this afternoon. I do like the current draw display feature.
John

Kevin T

Screenwriter
5 years???!!! are you sure about that? this is what was in my monster power 2500 manual:
2500war.jpg

kevin t

John H

Second Unit
My mistake. I was looking at my HTS-5100 manual. I assumed the 3500 was he same.
The HTS-3500 has a lifetime warranty.
The 5100 is 5 years.
Whats up with that?
John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks