Monster HTS-3500 failure

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John H, Dec 24, 2001.

1. John H

John H Second Unit

I use 2 power centers in my system. A Current Design PC-8 for my main unit. I use one of it's outlets to trigger a Monster HTS-3500
    I was doing some subwoofer measuring when all of the sudden I heard a constant low level high pitched sound. (the subwoofers have nothing to do with the 3500. They each have their own dedicated circiuts.) I traced it down to the Monster unit. The entire front panel display was out. LED indicators as well as the AC meter.
    I went outside and flipped it's dedicated breaker off and back on hoping the unit might reset itself. I also tried to reset the breaker on the rear of the unit. It did not help. I pulled the unit from my system and tested it several times. No front panel lights, no meter function, no rear outlet operation, just the noise.
    There was no evidence of a power surge or brownout when the unit failed. My PC-8 has an alarm that sounds when in protection mode.
    I believe the unit just failed.
    I guess I will look up my sales receipt and see if the unit is still under warranty.
    I am going to pick up a replacement 5100 later today. I don't want my system down for the holidays.
    John

2. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

i have a hts-2500 and if memory serves me correctly...the monster power units have a lifetime warranty so i don't sweat the receipt too much.

kevin t

3. John H

John H Second Unit

4. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

5 years???!!! are you sure about that? this is what was in my monster power 2500 manual:
    [​IMG]
    kevin t

5. John H

John H Second Unit

My mistake. I was looking at my HTS-5100 manual. I assumed the 3500 was he same.
    The HTS-3500 has a lifetime warranty.
    The 5100 is 5 years.
    Whats up with that?
    John