What's new

Monster HTS 1000 Power Center Question (1 Viewer)

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
I recently noticed that the light contained within the power switch on this unit is flickering. Is this an indication of a power fluctuation of some sort?

This is what is plugged into it.

Mitsubishi 55807
Hughes E86 HD Set Top Box
Toshiba VCR
Technics CD player
Yamaha 85W x 6 Receiver
Panasonic RP56 DVD Player
Radio Shack Pyramid IR Extender and Receiver

Lee Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Lee Bailey
My first guess would be that this is a neon bulb in the switch, and it is probably going out. Are you noticing any problems with your equipment?

Dan B

Screenwriter
Ralph,

The bulb in my HTS 2000 used to flicker. I realized it was just loose...of course, it's just about impossible to tighten it without taking the unit apart.

-Dan

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys,

The equipment is working fine. I'm going to add a conventional power strip and plug the pyramids into that to see if it makes a difference. If it's just a loose bulb, I can live with it. It's out of sight anyway.

Thanks again,

Ralph

Matt Parnell

Agent
I'd be fairly confident it's just a dying neon bulb. It happens in pretty much all AC power switches, and won't affect you at all, unless the flickering bothers you.

Fernand

Agent
I have one of those and in any case if you're having problems with your power the ground or power protection light will be off. Not flickering. In a nutshell, try it somewhere else but I bet it's only a dying bulb.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks