Monster HTFS1000 or Panamax..

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by TomRiddle, Feb 9, 2004.

1. TomRiddle

TomRiddle Auditioning

Monster HTFS1000
    monstercable.com/power/productPagePower.asp?pin=1962
    from their website
    "High Performance and maximum protection for plasma, LCD and HDTV screens. Features Detachable Diagnostic Control Panel , Monster Clean Power™ to eliminate AC "noise" for better high definition picture and our exclusive Tri-Mode Plus™ circuitry to protect against potentially damaging surges and spikes."

I emailed them:
    I'm currently in the market for a powercenter and am interested in the product. I read the product descriptions and I'm confused.. the HTFS1000 only has 2 AC outlets? Is that all? How will that help my video quality? Compared to the HTS 2000 which has visible coax/cable inputs in the images.. the HTFS1000 only says "2 ac outlets". Will that be enough? How is the HTFS1000 better than the HTS 2000 in terms of improving video quality?

Unless the pictures on your website are lacking, I don't get this.. it sounds good.. but, I'm missing something here.. someone, help.

Does the HTFS1000 only have 2 ac outlets or are there more inputs that I cannot see from the pictures?

Their Response
    "The HTFS1000 is purely a hid-def line conditioner which means it has a specific hi-def filter plus surge suppression on "AC only" components (components that don't require phone or cable/satellite configurations). This unit is best utilized in conjunction with another line conditioner/surge suppressor which includes coax and phone protection."

AFTER ALL THAT, this is what I take from it.. HTFS1000 is nothing but a glorified line conditioner? I still do not understand how this will improve, specifically, video quality from the perspective that it does not do any noise filtering on the actual COAX cable line (I have digital cable). Should I just get the
    Powermax 8
    panamax.com/products/productpage.asp?sName=PM8C
    or the
    Max 8 COAX?
    panamax.com/products/productpage.asp?sName=M8C

at least those clearly shows inputs for COAX not to mention clearly specifying.. HDTV ready

-sigh- upgrading my home theatre has been a long and thoroughly exhausting road.. just the final pieces remain

*rests weary head on table and goes to sleep* -.-

2. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

Tom, Welcome to the Forum...

Id look more closely at the Panamax MAX 8 DBS+5 (not the Powermax or lesser model)HERE Around $75.

My observation is that MonsterPower has yet again introduced an even more compartmentalized unit with the HTFS 1000 (and at a nose-bleeding $399!)

This appears to be aimed at plasma screeen apartment dwellers who wont have a large HT amplifier system and subwoofer to protect, but think they will be buying a high-tech conditioner. Hardly.

bill

3. TomRiddle

TomRiddle Auditioning

hey Bill! thanks for the reply [​IMG] curious.. why the Max 8 DBS and not COAX?

i don't have sattellite.. I'm on Cablevision... wouldn't the Max 8 COAX be more helpful than the DBS?

edit: nevermind.. i clicked on the link and saw the unit you mention does have and is capable of handling cable :b

4. ThomasL

ThomasL Supporting Actor

Tom, if you don't need some of the extra inputs of the Panamax DBS+5 unit, the Panamax Max8+Coax unit that you mentioned will do fine. I own a few of these (along with Tripp Lite Isobar6DBS models which you may also want to look at). I wouldn't expect any video improvement on your cable from using these though. The coax input/output is mainly to protect your downstream cable-using components from surges.

cheers,

--tom