What's new

Monster House - Discovery Channel (1 Viewer)

John*D

Second Unit
Ok. So far SONY/Discovery Channel has released the first two seasons of American Chopper and Monster Garage on DVD.

Now tvshowsondvd.com has announced a Nov 1st release date for American Chopper Season 3. The third season of Monster Garage will also be released on the same day.

Now to my question...

Where are the MONSTER HOUSE season sets?

It appears that the Discovery Channel doesn't even sell Monster House on DVD. Even if they did I wouldn't buy it directly from them (as if I would pay ~$100 for a show that would end up being sold for $20 when released in stores).

Here are Discovery Channel's prices (if you buy directly from them)

American Chopper:
1st season: $74.85
2nd season: $144.95
3rd season: $99.95

Monster Garage:
DVD Set 1: $34.95
DVD Set 2: $64.95

-----

The one's below were released later by SONY/Discovery Channel for retail, not Discovery Channel exclusive...

Now for the other prices (Amazon.com):

American Chopper:
1st season: $23.97
2nd season: $23.97
3rd season: -- (not yet released)

Monster Garage:
Season 1: $26.96
Season 2: $26.96
Season 3: -- (not yet released)

:star: Who else would buy season sets of Monster House?

Another show that would probably sell well is Mythbusters. Of course Discovery Channel is selling the first two seasons of that show for $100 a piece. Unbelievable! :thumbsdown:

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
Monster House is a show I love to watch, but I'm not sure I'd want to own complete sets of unless the prices were a steal. I'd rather see the show done like Trading Spaces and have Worst Teams or Nail-Biting Finishes type sets with a few episodes a piece and lots of behind the scenes. They could even have a Back Home set for when Steve went back to Tennessee to film several eps.

Mythbusters is a show that I would definitely season sets of at the Amazon kind of prices. With a glut of TV shows on DVD, it's really hard to buy every show one enjoys without running out of room or money. :D

John*D

Second Unit
Well it looks like Discovery Channel has cut the price of season 1 of Mythbusters in 1/2 to $49.95.

TVshowsonDVD.com has a story about the first season being available directly from Discovery Channel:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4176

For some reason Discovery Channel's web site says the item is NEW even though it's been available on their web site for a while. I guess they are calling it NEW because of the new lower price?

Anyway. I would recommend fans holding off on this simply because SONY is probably going to end up releasing this series for a fraction of whatever Discovery Channel sells it for directly.

It doesn't make sense to pay $50 for Season 1 NOW when you can wait for SONY to release it and end up getting it for ~$20.

Heck AMAZON has Season 3 of American Choppers on pre-order for $13.96 and Discovery Channel is still charging $99.95. Amazon has Monster Garage season 3 for preorder at $13.96 as well (DC doesn't have it listed on their web site).

It's ridiculous to pay inflated prices...

:star: Of course if you want the set now, what can you do?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks