Monster Gamelink Cables

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shawn _G, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Shawn _G

Shawn _G Auditioning

I wanted to get the monster cable game link 300 but my VCR only has composite inputs on the back . But I was wondering since I have it hooked up to my receiver to the VCR aux 2 and it has an S-video in when I go to use game link can I get the 300 and not the 200 will the VCR be able to interpret the S-Video signal or not or is there a better way to hook it up to the receiver.

Thanks,
    Shawn

2. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

If you absolutely have to hook up through the VCR and it only has composite in, you'll have to use the Gamelink 200.

Obviously the best way to hook it up to your receiver is directly, not through any other components. How many inputs does your receiver have, and what are you using them for?

3. Brian Ruth

Brian Ruth Supporting Actor

Shawn - If you plan to watch DVDs, they will be MUCH harder to watch if you hook your system to the VCR.

This (of course) only applies to XBox and PS2.

Generally speaking, though, its probably best to hook your game system DIRECTLY to your receiver, as (I'm guessing) receivers are generally better at passing signals than VCRs.

If you're having a problem with inputs, a standard system selector (available at most electronics stores) will work great.

4. Shawn _G

Shawn _G Auditioning

I dont plan on watching dvds but my reciver is a denon 2802 which if you dont know cant have the on screen display output through the component out which I would like to do with the Xbox. But I was going to settle for s-video since im not running hi-def. Is there another way I can hook it into my reciver. Or as I was just looking on the back of my components and thinking I can change the way my onscreen display is displayed from svideo and hook the onscreen display into a composiite out and use the monster gamelink directly into the back of the tv and asign a digital in to the optical cable.
    Thanks for the help,
    Shawn