monster cables vs all others.NEED ALOT OF INPUT!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sergio Stephano, Dec 21, 2001.

1. Sergio Stephano

HEY all i have one BIG QUESTION TO ASK!!! Now there's this war with optical and coaxial but lets not get into that now..are these sites such as www.bettercables.com and rhinocbles.com are those types of cables off the net for cheaper better than monster cables? does anyone use the monster cables. plz everyone post your thought lets get a lot of info on this issue thanks! I am making a website dedicated to this issue so please help.

2. Martice

Martice Screenwriter

HI Sergio. When you say better, what exactly do you mean? Which model cable of Monster are you comparing to Better Cables etc..? What type of equipment are you hooking up to them? The name of this game to me is synergy. If your system is fairly revealing, then by all means it deserves cables that won't pollute the signal anymore than it already is.

However, If you want to hear things like more bass in this cable or more treble in that cable, then I don't know all about that but it's your ears and your toes that will tap at the end of the day. Order some cables and listen for yourself. That's the only way to really tell which cables do it for you.

If I were you I would do search on cables on this forum and read the many spirited discussions on cables. I'm sure after reading them you will come to your own conclusion regarding cables and either invest in them or head on down to your local Radio Shack and go nuts.

Good Luck

3. Jimmy P

Jimmy P Stunt Coordinator

Sergio,

Are you talking about interconnects or speaker cable?

I have used monster products in the past,but their build quality on a majority of the products ive used was marginal (interconnects)cold solder joints,broken solder joints,to much solder,wimpy center conductors.

Better Cables have a high build quality,and i beleive they use Belden cable for their rawstock with their own connectors and trim,but are becoming pricey.I think Bolder Cables have high quality,use great components and have priceing thats more than fair.Im not going into who or what has a better picture or sound,thats a personal preference,yours

4. Mark Rich

Mark Rich Second Unit

To the best of my knowledge Bettercables does not use Belden cable. Rhinocables does. Think Bettercables uses their own cable designed for them or something alongthose lines. They used to use Canare cable before switching to the Silver Serpant series.