Monster cables for Gamecube

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PaulRails, Apr 22, 2003.

1. PaulRails

PaulRails Auditioning

Hey, guys. I'm just curious to know about the Monster S-video cables for the gamecube. I wouldn't normally ask, but for some reason they put out two versions of cables. There's a GC200 ($24.95) and a GC300 ($34.95), and I'm tryin to figure out what the difference is? Does the GC300 vary that much from the GC200 that it's worth the extra $10?

2. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

Isn't one just svideo and one just a normal cable? They aren't going to have component cables.

3. PaulRails

PaulRails Auditioning

Ah, you're right. I had to go to monstercable's site to get info on it. Sure as hell aren't a lot of sites that deal with gamecube cables. [​IMG]

4. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

I've only seen the gamecube monstercables in stores once and they only had one svideo cable in stock. I still haven't seen them at best buy and they've been out for awhile now.

5. Matt Wallace

Matt Wallace Second Unit

Nintendo won't license anyone else to carry component cables. They actually brag about it in a roundabout way in some of their literature. The cost for theirs is $30 plus shipping and waiting 4 to 6 weeks. If it was hooked up to my widescreen, maybe, but that's still a hell of a hassle..

Matt

6. Mark Hedges

Mark Hedges Second Unit

Where do you get 4 to 6 weeks? I ordered my component cable from Nintendo.com on Saturday and my UPS tracking number says it will be delivered today.

Mark