monster cables are they that good?!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sergio Stephano, Dec 18, 2001.

1. Sergio Stephano

well i have the s-video cable from radio shack and the optical cable from radio shack and they work pretty good...but will monster component cable and hte optical cable be MUCH MUCH MUCHO BETTER? and should i also use monster for my subwoofer connection and vcr? please help me..and does my dvd have to have the dts symbol on it so thta i can play dts stuff? cause my receiver can decode dts dolby digital and prologic but my dvd player only dolby digital..will i need a dts decoder in my dvd player also? plz help me and thanks for the help

2. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

The differences in higher end cables will really depend on the quality of you TV and DVD player. You won't need Monster for VHS. The quality of the source material (VHS tapes) is so bad that a cable won't fix it. Basically, your system is as good as it's weakest link. If your TV is low end then high end cables won't do a lick of good. If on the other hand you have a 60" HDTV, you've had it calibrated by an ISF technician, and your DVD player outputs a progressive signal then I'd say go for the more expensive cables. You'll need to be the judge of that. Also, many will argue that Monster cables are just hyped and there are others available that will give you better performance at a better price.

As to using Monster cables with your subwoofer, again that depends on the receiver and subwoofer. You should just match quality. Expensive high end cables won't do much to improve a low end subwoofer.

You won't need a DTS decoder in your DVD player if your receiver has a decoder. Your DVD player just needs to be able to output the DTS signal. What make and model is your DVD player?