What's new

Monster Cable vs BetterCables? (1 Viewer)

steve paul

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking for some balanced XLR cables. Monster reference Cables are $99 each. I need 5 of them and actually bought two of the monsters yesterday, but I saw bettercables.com has them for $49 each. Which is better or is there even any difference at all?

ALSO, speaker wire..I am biamping my two fronts with a sunfore cinema grand using the boltage and current outputs. I need 2 pairs of speaker cable at 30 feet each. At bettercables it will cost me about $650 for what I need. Now I am using monstercable standard stuff I paid $100 for. Would going to bettercables make an improvement? If i went with bettercables for all my speakers it would cost about $1100 vs Monster Speaker Wire at a total of $150 for all speakers.

Thanks

Ron Boster

Screenwriter
Steve:

try the search function....you should find others that have asked the same question.

Good Luck

Ron

Nick G

Stunt Coordinator
If the Monster is 14G or better there will be no sonic difference between the two.

Nick

MarkO

Second Unit
Im Sure its been said before somewhere in here,,,,Steve the thing with cables is they will give different results with different systems. There is no wrong or right cable that fits the bill for everyone. I had Better Cables Speaker Cables for a short while. They were nice cables but too laid back for my tastes and current setup. So I returned them and went with a diferent cable. The second cable worked out better in this instance. The best advise I can offer is to try a few cables and choose what you think sounds best in you're system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks