Monster Cable Component PS2 problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Blank, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Bill Blank

Bill Blank Stunt Coordinator

I just got a used pair of Monster's component cables off of Ebay and the red seems dead. I swapped it with another component input and it's still not right so I know it's the cables. It's hooked up to my Mitsu ws-55411 tv. Any thoughts or am I right that the red cable went bad?

Bill

2. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

did you unscrew the red cap on the cables and see if the wire is cut?

I had that problem with a pair of used cables.....
    (probally from the dumbass pulling them out of there tv)
    Anyways if that is the case just go get some simple solder (lead free I think, although I may be wrong)
    and just connect the wire witha solder.
    Help?
    Hope So
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Brian Ruth

Brian Ruth Supporting Actor

Bill:

Are you sure you're using the correct red?

The first time I hooked up my component cables (Sony brand instead of Monster), I mistakenly hooked the audio red up into the video red by accident.

I'd make sure you didn't cross your reds. [​IMG]

4. Rob_Pierce

Rob_Pierce Second Unit

I had the exact same problem with some Monster XBox component cables purchased off eBay. I unscrewed the cap and the cable had been cut.

I contacted Monster, sent them the defective set, and they sent me a brand new set of cables within a week, no questions asked. Monster may be more expensive, but service like this will keep me loyal (at least on a used, eBay basis).[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Bill Blank

Hey guys,

I did unscrew the red and it looks to be terminated correctly in both places. I also switched inputs with my DVD player and got the same results.

It's either the cable or some sort of incompatibility between the PS2's component output and my Mitsu WS-55411. I'll be testing it out on my friend's Toshiba HDTV this Saturday. If I get the same results it's obviously the cable.

Bill

6. Bill Blank

Rob,

Did you tell Monster that you purchased it off of Ebay? Did you have original packaging?

Thanks,
    Bill

7. Rob_Pierce

Rob_Pierce Second Unit

I decided to avoid the issue completely. I started my email with the fact that I own hundreds of dollars in Monster products (which is an understatement), then said that I have a Monster cable that doesn't work. They didn't ask any questions about the origin of the cable or a receipt, but I would have told them that it was off eBay if they asked.

I hope my approach works for you. Send me an email if you like (I don't want to put the guy's name and contact information on display) and I'll give you the email address of the person that I contacted at Monster, he was very helpful and asked few questions.

8. Bill Blank

Rob,

Got your email, thanks again!

Bill