1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

monster audio interconnects

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Phil_O, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Phil_O

Phil_O Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone have the Monster Reference 2 interconnect? I am interested in buying a new interconnect for my CD player and was wondering if it is any better sonically than like a 400 series or 500 series. Is it worth the money ($100)?

2. Doug_NHT

Doug_NHT Stunt Coordinator

I'd be really interested in hearing peoples opinions on this as well since I was planning on purchasing these myself. I decided to go with the Monster MK400II instead though as I think they're hard to beat at $50 or so. I just wish other brands were more readily available around here as I'd like to audition some other brands but the damn hi-fi shops around here just won't let ya do that. If I owned a shop and a well intentioned person came in wanting to demo a pair $100+ interconnects or any type of cable, I'd have a demo set of every kind I carried so they could check them out. I think that would help sales and bring a loyal customer base. I know I would buy EVERYTHING from a shop if there was one like that around. I'd even bypass the savings one can find on the net for a shop like that. Sorry, got a little carried away.

FWIW I use Monsters Z series speaker cable, Monsters in wall 12g, and Monster Reference optical cable.

3. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

...sometimes people get tired of responding disinterestedly to potential wire-wars threads that usually or often end up with owners just defending or touting their purchases...but I feel for ya Doug when local store stock is dominated by Monster.

4. Joe e h

Joe e h Stunt Coordinator

I am in the same boat, nothing but Monster. Well there is one store that has Tributaries and Analysis cables.

I have one pair of Audioquest I like and am considering buying more. I was looking at the Diamondbacks from AQ and Analysis Oval.

I see TSTO has a good sale on AQ Copperheads and that's a thought.

5. Mark Austin

Mark Austin Supporting Actor

A few years ago when I started with HT I splurged and decided to try the mk400. There was a noticable improvment from the generic gray Monster audio cables. Since CC had a thirty day return policy, I decided to try the Ref 2's. Very definite improvment from the mk400. I still use the Ref 2's from my cable box to my receiver. Give them a try.