monster audio interconnects

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Phil_O, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Phil_O

Phil_O Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone have the Monster Reference 2 interconnect? I am interested in buying a new interconnect for my CD player and was wondering if it is any better sonically than like a 400 series or 500 series. Is it worth the money ($100)?

2. Doug_NHT

Doug_NHT Stunt Coordinator

I'd be really interested in hearing peoples opinions on this as well since I was planning on purchasing these myself. I decided to go with the Monster MK400II instead though as I think they're hard to beat at $50 or so. I just wish other brands were more readily available around here as I'd like to audition some other brands but the damn hi-fi shops around here just won't let ya do that. If I owned a shop and a well intentioned person came in wanting to demo a pair $100+ interconnects or any type of cable, I'd have a demo set of every kind I carried so they could check them out. I think that would help sales and bring a loyal customer base. I know I would buy EVERYTHING from a shop if there was one like that around. I'd even bypass the savings one can find on the net for a shop like that. Sorry, got a little carried away.

FWIW I use Monsters Z series speaker cable, Monsters in wall 12g, and Monster Reference optical cable.

3. Bill Kane

Bill Kane Screenwriter

...sometimes people get tired of responding disinterestedly to potential wire-wars threads that usually or often end up with owners just defending or touting their purchases...but I feel for ya Doug when local store stock is dominated by Monster.

4. Joe e h

Joe e h Stunt Coordinator

I am in the same boat, nothing but Monster. Well there is one store that has Tributaries and Analysis cables.

I have one pair of Audioquest I like and am considering buying more. I was looking at the Diamondbacks from AQ and Analysis Oval.

I see TSTO has a good sale on AQ Copperheads and that's a thought.

5. Mark Austin

Mark Austin Supporting Actor

A few years ago when I started with HT I splurged and decided to try the mk400. There was a noticable improvment from the generic gray Monster audio cables. Since CC had a thirty day return policy, I decided to try the Ref 2's. Very definite improvment from the mk400. I still use the Ref 2's from my cable box to my receiver. Give them a try.