Monster 12 gauge Cable with small banana

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Sanjivnpatel, Jun 25, 2003.

1. Sanjivnpatel

Sanjivnpatel Agent

May 16, 2003
    I got the 12 gauge Super Flat cable from Monster. I also got the small Banana connector from Monster. There is no way the wire would fit in these bananas. I am thinking about connecting the cable directly to speakers (Monitor Audio) as well as to receiver (Denon 1082). I feel direct connection would be better for two reasons (if you don't change your connection frequently). 1. It is much more secure than banana and 2. There is less number of connections.

Wires directly to connector v/s wire to banana to connector. What do you guys think about my logic of less connections? As far as I know, less number of contact points means less signal degradation.

I am planning to get rid of connectors and go direct with wire connection. Any thoughts/comments?

2. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Jun 29, 2001
    well, to put it kindly, I think your reasoning is suspect regarding degradation. certainly this is something that's not audible. if you want to connect with bare wire, that's fine. you just need to excerise a bit of care to make sure the wires don't touch and unless you tin the end, periodically you might need to trim a bit of wire as copper is reactive. this is not a big thing and should be predicated on your personal preferences.