What's new

Monkees Season One Sponsorships (1 Viewer)

James_Garner

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James Garner
For everyone's information (& to persuade those still on the fence about buying it) Here's a list of episodes on "The Monkees Season One" DVD set that retained their original network end-credit sponsorship ("W/Tag" means that it also includes the post-opening theme/pre-opening credit "Brought to you by..." tag):

Disc 1:
Royal Flush (Kelloggs)
Monkee See, Monkee Die (Black Label by Yardley)
Monkees vs. Machine (Kelloggs)
Success Story (Black label by Yardley)

Disc 2:
Monkees In A Ghost Town (Kelloggs W/Tag)
The Chaperone (Kelloggs W/Tag)

Disc 3:
One Man Shy (Kelloggs)
Dance, Monkee, Dance (Black Label by Yardley)
Son of a Gypsy (Black Label by Yardley)
I Was a Teenage Monster (Kelloggs W/Tag)

Disc 4:
Monkees in the Ring (Kellogg w/Tag)
Monkees at the Circus (Kelloggs)
Monkees a la Mode (Kelloggs W/Tag)

Disc 5
Monkees Chow Mein (Kelloggs)
Monkees On the Line (Kelloggs w/Tag)
Monkees in Manhattan (Kelloggs w/Tag)

Disc 6
Monkees on Tour (Kelloggs w/Tag)

Remember, these versions wont appear on TV anytime soon ;-)

One question: could these versions of the credits qualify as easter eggs, since Rhino never Listed "Original sponsor credits" as a special feature?

James_Garner

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James Garner
I am guessing that the Screen Gems logo isn't present on the dvd's?
None of the episodes on the set carry the Screen Gems logo; but thats fine with me, since ALL of the episodes are the original network-aired versions (17 episodes have their original sponsorship) and are in great shape (Except the non-broadcast version of the pilot on disc 6). Also, Mike Nesmith provides commentaries for three episodes & pretty much shatters every public misconception about him not wanting anything to do with the Monkees.

Jo_C

Second Unit
Another reason the Screen Gems logo isn't on these discs is simple...Rhino now owns the copyright on The Monkees. 'nuff said?

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Another reason the Screen Gems logo isn't on these discs is simple...Rhino now owns the copyright on The Monkees. 'nuff said?
So what? They still could have retained it for nostalgia if Sony/Columbia gave the OK.

Besides, current TV re-runs of the Monkees are still done through Screen Gems/Sony AFAIK.

James_Garner

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James Garner
So what? They still could have retained it for nostalgia if Sony/Columbia gave the OK.
True; However, Screen Gems has been resurrected by Sony/Columbia as a low-budget, mostly arthouse-type division of the company, & thay may want to keep everything associated with SG for themselves.

Also,I have the packaging in front of me. That is how the packaging actually looks like.

James_Garner

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James Garner
Ok, Back to my orginal inquiry (Which no one seems to answered yet): could these versions of the credits qualify as easter eggs, since Rhino never Listed "Original sponsor credits" as a special feature? Anyone? Bueller?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks