Monk: The Obsessive Compulsive Collection (seasons 1-4)

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Richard Michael Clark, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Richard Michael Clark

Richard Michael Clark Second Unit

Can anyone tell me if the content of this collection is identical to the seperate seasons (I'm assuming it is but just want to be sure)?

From the pics I've seen online it appears to be 16 discs (4 per season) in 16 slimpacks in a box. How have the seperate seasons been packaged so far?

It won't be billingual in Canada will it (they dropped the French track after the first season I believe)?

Anyway, thanks if anyone can confirm!

2. Scott_F_S

Scott_F_S Second Unit

Usually, these collections are merely the individual, previously released seasons packaged together. A way for the warehouse to move some unsold inventory.

3. Richard Michael Clark

Here are some pics of the packaging, just wondering how the seperate seasons came? Were they in slimpacks like this or fold-outs or what?

4. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

Seasons 1 & 2 were released in DigiPaks (fold-outs) and Seasons 3 & 4 were released in slimpacks.

Universal has (obviously) designed slimpacks for the Seasons 1 & 2 discs included in this box set, though it's a bit odd the individual seasons don't include their outer cases. I wonder if Universal will use the slimpacks for reprints of Seasons 1 & 2, rather than continue to use the DigiPak. It would seem to make sense.

Besides Buffy, and now Monk, what other series have been released as complete, or multi-season, sets with reconfigured/exclusive packaging? (I have the Tour of Duty complete series set, but it's just an outer cardboard box that contains the standard sets inside, so I wouldn't count it.)

5. Richard Michael Clark

Thanks Matt, that's exactly the info I was after! [​IMG]

6. Richard Michael Clark

Are there any Canadians who can confirm if this set has bilingual packaging or not? Even if you've only seen it in a store or something! [​IMG]

7. Jonny P

Jonny P Supporting Actor

FYI...

Seasons 2 and 3 both used slimline cases to hold the discs...

8. ElijahS

ElijahS Supporting Actor

Season 2 didn't, at least not originally.