Monk ...No Sound on the Bonus Features???

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Tina Lee, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Tina Lee

Tina Lee Second Unit

I just finished watching Monk Season 1 and everything was perfect until I reached the bonus features.

There was a music soundtrack on it, but no sound in the interviews and clips... did I just get a bad disc or is this a problem with the release??

2. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

3. Tina Lee

Tina Lee Second Unit

Thanks for the info, Matt. [​IMG]

That's the problem all right. I'm going to try fiddling with the player... If I don't get any results, Universal will hear from me... not that I expect that to do any good. [​IMG]

What's really disappointing is that Monk is such a good, fresh show. It looks like Universal would have takenthe time to do it right. The set doesn't even have scene selection on it...

4. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

Agreed. I will never understand why things like this are allowed to happen. It seems to be a continuing problem, with Universal in particular. Is there no QC department anymore? You'd think someone would actually check the discs on a variety of players and AV systems to ensure that flaws like this do not make it to the final product. At least there is a way to adjust my system to listen to it, but I shouldn't have to. Hopefully, Universal will offer remastered discs for replacement...as they have done many times before. (Jurassic Park, Back to the Future, The Meaning of Life, etc.)

5. Tina Lee

Tina Lee Second Unit

I tried it on a player in another room that is set up differently and it worked...