Monk 7/9/04

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Patrick Sun, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

This episode really brought the funny. I almost fell off the couch when Monk was using the cards during his phone call to the power company PR lady (Alicia Coppola was looking mighty fine in this episode). Their date was also pure classic Monk comedy. This was a return to form for Monk.

2. phil-w

phil-w Stunt Coordinator

Was I seeing things, or was the guy up in the tree, the actor who plays Lewis on Drew Carey?

Very funny episode (I don't think I have seen a bad one). The scene with the night vision goggles really had me laughting.

3. Lee Jamilkowski

Lee Jamilkowski Stunt Coordinator

4. phil-w

phil-w Stunt Coordinator

Ahhh, thanks. I knew he looked familliar, but I just couldn't place him.

5. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Much better than the last two episodes. I was getted worried for a whiel there. However, Monk still seems to hve a problem that it's had since its inception, which is that it adheres to the law of economy of characters. Basically, Having characters that serve no purpose in the plot in sloppy writing, so the guy who serves no apparent purpose did it.

6. Nicodemus

Nicodemus Stunt Coordinator

This was a better episode than the previous two but I still prefer real mystery episodes season two had - like The Three Pies and the one with missing granny. In this one there really wasn't any mystery. But I loved the dating aspect, it was funny. "Lobby, lobby, lobby..."

7. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    "I laid my cards on the table!"

Tony Shaloub is a genius actor. I can't imagine anyone else playing that part.

And, if you get a chance (have it Tivo'd), check out some of the other cards that were on the table. I remember seeing one stack of cards with a topic card that said something to the effect "Organic Wheat Bread", or something like that.