What's new

Monitors without speakers (1 Viewer)

I have what I consider to be a superb 5.1 capable sound system but I am lacking the TV to complement it. I currently am using a 32" RCA colortrack plus.
My problem is that it seem that as you go up in screen size, you also are forced to add additional speakers that come built into the TV cabinet (RPTV and Direct View). Does anyone make 40" or larger TV's or RPTV's that have either no speakers or minimum additional speakers. I would be paying for a feature that I would not use if I buy the TV that includes such speakers.

Guy Kuo

Supporting Actor
I'm afraid you're going to automatically get speakers unless you go to a front projector. There simply isn't large enough of a market for a TV without sound for a manufacturer to release such a unit at a reasonable price. The mass market is what gets the attention and design targeting. The best you'll manage is to simply ignore the speakers and pay attention to only the picture quality. If you did find a large display that lacked speakers expect its price tag to be two to three times what you expect because that model would not have the economies of scale needed to keep the price down.
------------------
Guy Kuo
Link Removed

Oren

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking for the same thing. The 40" Sony WEGA has minimal speakers, in terms of space. When it comes to rear projectors, though, it seems like they're all designed to sit on the floor atop their built-in speakers (although, I assume that's because the space is needed for the lenses inside anyway). The Toshiba 43H70/71 is about as minimal as I could find.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks