What's new

Monitor suggestions for gaming? (1 Viewer)

Hey guys and gals, wondering if you had any suggestions on a monitor, I think 120hz atleast, 4 or under ms response time, 24-27 inch and preferably but not essential S-IPS I heard TN is better but I would like the option to watch good films.Also must have HDMI input and a sound output port. Im from england so .uk links would be appreciated but just a model number is fine.Ta muchly :)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
You're describing a unicorn. You want it all and no manufacturers are making it. I've seen all the so called experts input on what a gaming monitor HAS TO HAVE and found that I don't agree with it at all. If you find it PLEASE LET US KNOW, but I don't think you will.My advice: Buy a Dell Ultrasharp and call it a day.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I'm using the WNIX QX2710. It's a nice monitor, and (for me) it overclocked easily to 120Hz. Since most of the games I'm after aren't pressing that (hell, South Park is hard locked at 30FPS, and I play very few 'shooters') it's all good. Bang for the buck on this monitor has been great.

I'm just about to order my first 4K desktop monitor I'll let you know how that goes

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Sam- Our dell rep says a 28" version of this: the Ultrasharp 3214Q is coming this summer, and he's put me on the list to get one. So, that's the one. I don't care for any of the ones I've seen so far, outside of the Asus IGZO, which is just too pricy when I want this so I can look at the 4k Media files before I pitch them to a projector.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks