Monitor Audio NEW FB210 subwoofer?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken_H, Nov 6, 2001.

1. Ken_H

Ken_H Auditioning

Aug 28, 2000
    It's been such a long time since my last visit. I had been tied up with stereo road (I DO still have HT set up).
    Now I am thinking of upgrading the sub for 80% music use with my 2 channel sys. After some search, MA's FB series sub came up together with REL Strata III as the candidates. There are a lot of discussion about REL here and there, but could not find many about MA. So, folks in HT area, would you please share your thought about MA's new subs? Thanks!
    My other setup are;
    CJ Premier 11a tube amp
    FT-LW1 Passive pre
    Sonus Faber Signum
    Pioneer DVD525 + Perpetual Tech P3/P1 combo DAC
  2. Randy G

Randy G Second Unit

May 18, 2000
    If you do a search of last week's threads, you'll see that I posted the same question. I still haven't gotten any responses...probably because the FB 212 is so new. I've since modified the question(and posted it in the DIY section, speaker section, and Madisound forum) to include a comparison to the ACI Titan II LE. The cabinet sizes are virtually identical, but the FB 212 weighs about 60% more. The FB 212 also has a couple of nice features, and I'd like to think that it has the ability for the same type of tight transient response that the sealed Titan II has. I hope somebody responds. In case you're interested, I can get you a 25% discount on the MA sub. Just drop me a note at [email protected]
  3. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Dec 13, 1999
    I too am interested in the FB-210. It looks like a very good sub. Any info on these?