1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Monitor Audio Bronze - Opinions?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ed C, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Ed C

Ed C Stunt Coordinator

The Bronze 1 bookshelves are featured in September's Sound and Vision magazine. In a blind comparison of 6 bookshelves, it won the top honors.
    Given the review, I decided to listen to a HT setup using the Monitor Audio Bronze speakers with the floor standing Bronze 3 up front, the Bronze center, and the Bronze 2 for surrounds.
    This is one of the best setups I've heard yet at this price point (approx US$840 for the 5 speakers). I've compared this to the Mission M70 series and the B&W 300 series.
    Pros vs. alternatives:
    -Bigger and better center speaker than the Missions - Why did Mission create such a puny center channel (M7c) for their M70 series??
    - Full(er) range floor standing speakers not available from B&W in this price range.
    Anybody else have an opinion on these? I'd love to hear what other people think of these speakers as compared to others.
    Edmond

2. Randy G

Randy G Second Unit

Just in case you're interested, I can get you just a bit over 25% off of list on both Mission and Monitor Audio...from an authorized dealer. Email me at theranman@webtv.net if interested.

3. Matt Broeska

Matt Broeska Stunt Coordinator

i'd also like to get peoples opinions on this (after seeing the same article). i've auditioned paradigms, b&ws, mirages... all in the price range of the monitor audio bronze 2's. has anyone else demo'd (or owns) these speakers and would like to throw in their 2 cents?
    thanks in advance.
    ------------------
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

4. Len Cheong

Len Cheong Second Unit

I heard the Monitor Audio Bronze 2s today and liked the sound. They were selling them for about $350US/pair. I'm going back next week since the store will be having the Bronze 3s in. What's your opinion on the Bronze 3s for music?

5. ArnaudP

ArnaudP Stunt Coordinator

Stereophile Guide to Home Theater has a review of 6 pair of budget speakers: Monitor Audio Bronze are one of the speakers in the review. While perfomed well, the Tannoy mX2 were the winners.

6. Ed C

Ed C Stunt Coordinator

Len.
    It was actually the Bronze 3's imaging and dynamic capability in Orff's Carmina Burana (Telarc recording) that sold me on the Bronze 3's music capabilities. Head out and give it a listen, then come back and post your experience [​IMG]