Monitor 7's w/ Micro surrounds?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dylan Savage, Feb 14, 2002.

1. Dylan Savage

Dylan Savage Stunt Coordinator

Feb 12, 2002
    Hi all! Just a quick question. Would using Monitor 7's with a CC-370 center and Micro surrounds be a bad thing? I know the micros are from another line (performance instead of monitor) and 4.5" woofers instead of 6.5", but I'm trying to upsize my mains while staying on the same budget. The other option would be mini monitor's for mains and surrounds.
    Question #2 - what is the price on the Monitor 7's vs. the Mini Monitors and Micros? That would influence the decision as well. [​IMG]
  2. Alan Pummill

Alan Pummill Screenwriter

Jul 6, 1999
    I have Monitor 7's (front), Monitor 3's (rear), CC-350 (center). If I had it to do over, I probably would have got the Mini Monitors for the rears. They have the 6.5" mid/bass as opposed to the 8" mid/bass in the Monitor 3"s. But along with my Velodyne CT-120 12" sub, it's a kick ass system.

As long as you have a good sub, I'd say the Micro's would be just fine.

I paid $550 for my pair of Monitor 7's about 3 1/2 years ago. Don't know the price of the other speakers you asked about. Hope this helps.
  3. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

Dec 6, 1998
    I also recommend you stick with Monitor 7s for mains. I have them and have been really pleased. As an alternative to the Micros, you should consider the Atoms. These were my original surrounds with my Monitor 7s.