What's new

Monitor 7 Series vs Performance Phantom Series (1 Viewer)

Eric_M

Stunt Coordinator
OK I should have posted this in this section so...

What are the differences between the Monitor Series vs Performance series specifically the phantoms vs monitor 7?

The price difference is like $175

The specs don't seem to be drastically different either.

While I did go for the Monitors,(still waiting on them to arrive) I am wondering if it justifies the extra 175. I didn't get to hear the Phantoms since they didn't have them at the store by me.

Now on audioreview.com I am reading some people say they aren't recommended for smaller rooms. My room is approx 12ft width by 24 ft length though half of that length will be used for a/v setup

So what does everyone think?

Is the sound quality a big difference etc...

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I had a very similar decision between the Titan and Mini Monitor, which are basically the same difference as you describe, just in bookshelf speakers. I had Titans already, and I demoed Minis at home. I now have the Minis. Bass response is similar frequency wise, but the Mini is much more accurate. Highs are more crisp and clear with the 1" tweeter vs 3/4". It's a tough choice, but I would personally go with the 7s. If you don't really want to spend the extra $$$, then I'd say you will still be very happy with the Phantoms.

*edit - that is not to say that I didn't like the Titans. I have them as my rears and as my mains in my bedroom system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks