What's new

Monday Night Football in HD (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I'm in the camp that says conversion from 720p to 1080i is not upconversion... I think the benefit of progressive scan offsets 720p's slightly lower number of pixels every 1/60 second, especially after being compressed to 19 Mbps or less. But it's entirely possible that some sets do a bad job of converting 720p to 1080i for display.

ABC botched the start of the August 4th Hall of Fame game and it was not in HD for about fifteen minutes. But at least Al Michaels and John Madden didn't embarrass themselves by announcing that the game was in HDTV and then start joking about hall of famers' bald heads in high definition until the problem was fixed.

ScottHosler

Auditioning
In case anyone was interested in my above posts, I finally found out from my local ABC channel that they are broadcasting in Standard Def until early Sept. Then HD goes online.

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
I have found that ABC OTA in 720p native is much better than the converted 1080i signal I get from TW. The picture does go soft in the conversion. 720p is better than 1080i for sports IMHO. To bad TW has to mess it up for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks