Monday 3/3/03 GR Group Play?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Howie A, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Howie A

Howie A Second Unit

Will there be a Group Play tonight?

I have been seeing alot of you guys online as of late and when I go
    to my options in hopes to join up with you it will only give me two options:

1)cancel, 2)remove

Why doesn't it say join friend all the time? [​IMG]

I hope to see a big group on tonight. [​IMG]

2. Dave Bennett

Dave Bennett Screenwriter

I'll probably be on some time after 9 but at this point I honestly don't know.

3. Dave Falasco

Dave Falasco Screenwriter

I've got "baby class" tonight, but I should be on around 10pm EST.

As far as the friends menu goes, I have noticed that if I am playing MechAssault and one of my friends is also playing MA, I will get the "Join Game" option only if he is in a lobby waiting to launch. If he is in the middle of a game, I get only the "Cancel" and "Remove" options. However, if he is playing Ghost Recon (for example), I get the "Join Game" option even if he is in-game already.

I think it goes back to how MA doesn't have a true lobby, so it's impossible to join a friend who is already playing a game, whereas in GR you can join the lobby and wait for the current session to finish.

4. Ben_Hud

Ben_Hud Stunt Coordinator

weird whenever i log on i never see anybody from HTF, but its still fun to play non the less

Ben

5. JayV

JayV Supporting Actor

6. Dave Falasco

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Actually, this class has been quite an eye-opener for me. I don't know if you guys realize, but you can't just leave a plate of food on the floor for the baby or anything, you have to actually pick the thing up and hand-feed it. And not just once or twice a day, either. Talk about high-maintenance! I knew we should have just gotten a dog. [​IMG]

7. Glenn

Glenn Stunt Coordinator

Hey Dave,

LOL. They don't give you a manual to read before you take ownship either. [​IMG]

Glenn

>>Actually, this class has been quite an eye-opener for me. I don't know if you guys realize, but you can't just leave a plate of food on the floor for the baby or anything, you have to actually pick the thing up and hand-feed it. And not just once or twice a day, either. Talk about high-maintenance! I knew we should have just gotten a dog.

8. JayV

JayV Supporting Actor

9. Bryan_ZZ

Bryan_ZZ Stunt Coordinator

Dave,

I hate to rain on your parade, but this baby thing is going to seriously eat into your dvd / Xbox time as well!
    [​IMG]

Since you are taking the plunge, go ahead and have a couple more - we did! [​IMG]

Bryan

10. Dave Falasco

"...powerful international sippy cup industry..." [​IMG]

Dude, you kill me.

Bryan, I told my wife I would be willing to cut my Xbox time down to 2 hours a night if it was totally necessary. I know, I know, it's a huge sacrifice, but what can I say? That's the kind of giving, caring, compassionate guy I am.

[​IMG]

11. David Glenn

David Glenn Second Unit

I'm game for some GR tonight.

12. Romar Armas

Romar Armas Second Unit

Are there any days other than Monday and Wednesday night for group plays? What's wrong with Tuesday and Thursday nights? [​IMG]

13. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Thursday night is Mech Assault night Cant play xbox every night :)

14. JayV

JayV Supporting Actor

Dunno how I missed such an obvious one for so long:

[​IMG]

And I plan to look for you folks this evening.

-j

15. Dave Bennett

I'm about to jump on now. Had class until 9 and then I stayed afterwards a bit to talk to the professor after I totally bombed the first exam(Dammit I'm supposed to have an easy final semester of college [​IMG] )

16. JayV

JayV Supporting Actor

Good games tonight, guys. Dave B, you're playing well for a guy that just picked up the title. And great hosting, too. The settings were perfect for my tastes: no threat indicator, random zones and five respawns.

I think some folks forgot/didn't realize that Hamburger Hill requires you to take and hold the zone for the longest time, though. Still, it was fun -- thanks for the invite.

-j

17. Dave Bennett

Thanks Jay. I've had the game for a few weeks but haven't really played online at all until tonight. I'm really having trouble locating where shots are coming from. Even with my 5.1 setup I can't find the enemy most of the time. I'm not sure if that's something that is just because I'm new or if I'm just not gonna be good at doing it. I used to do quite well in SOCOM but I'm noticing that often times here I'll get killed two or three times by the same person and still have no idea where they are. At the same time, sometimes I'll respawn right in front of them and get capped immediately after I did the first time. As I said to the guy who told me I need to work on playing the game(not sure who it was or if it was one of you guys), but I found that kinda rude. I realize I'm not good as I just got the game recently, but even if I'd had the game for months I still think people don't need to badmouth how good or bad someone is. Afterall if I wanted to have my inferior performance pointed out to me, i could just look at the results of that exam that I tanked on [​IMG] As far as the server, from the sounds of it, there was little to no lag even with 12 people. I'm almost tempted to try 16 some night to see what happens. My upload speed here in the dorm is usually around 2.5 megabit so I think i might be able to swing it. I'll be bringing my xbox home for spring break and will be on(we've got a cable modem at my house) but my hosting will probably be no better than most people as the setup at home overs around 128k upload. Either way, between now and when I graduate in May we'll have to make good use of my hosting abilities [​IMG] At any rate, I had fun and hope you all did as well. If anyone has any tips for helping me pinpoint enemy locations better I'm all ears.
    Edit-Forgot to mention that Dave F, I always saw the North Haven, CT on your info screen but that's funny that you graduated from UConn. My eldest brother graduated from here in '91 and strangely enough my other brother used to live in North Haven.

18. Todd Terwilliger

Todd Terwilliger Screenwriter

Great games, guys. Thanks to the hosts! [​IMG]

19. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

Dave, sounds like someone was spawn camping you. That's pretty cheesy but sometimes unavoidable by the other person (depends on the situation), it's the people who look for the spawn kills that piss me off.

The way to get around it, and maybe you already know this, is just wait around 5 seconds or more to hit the trigger and make yourself respawn. If you do that it often puts you in a decent spot away from the guy popping a cap in your ass.

Looking forward to wednesday, will you make it then? Want to try out your server [​IMG]

20. Howie A

Howie A Second Unit

Great games to all. Dave don't let that dude get to you.
    I am sure he was not from HTF. I feel for the most part everyone here wants to enjoy the LIVE experience..
    About the test don't let that get you down either you'll do better next time, Ill bet GR was great therapy, I know it is for me after a tough day.

Also next time out, I am going to take off my shirt with the Bulls-eye that says "Ghost I am over HERE.." [​IMG]