What's new

mon 7 poping at half way on my amp. what to do? (1 Viewer)

dajaga

Stunt Coordinator
hey i some times listen to my speakers at half way on my amp and sometimes i listen to music with lots of base. so here is my question. on my amp it doesnt say what db its at. but i was woundering do i have to still let my mon 7 to break more before o can go to extreme levels. oh btw i have a sub and i have my speakers set on low in stereo setting. i think i got about 20- 30 hours on them

Jason GT

Second Unit
What are you using for amplification? You may be clipping.

I have no idea what you mean by set on "low", but setting your speakers to small will reduce the amplifier demand on the floor speakers. Raising the sub's crossover frequency (from the reciever) should also help this.

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
The position of your volume knob on your amp is not an accurate representation of how many Decibels you may be experiencing at the seating position. The "popping" doesn't sound good...you may be clipping your amp or exceeding the excursion capability of your speakers (woofers.) Make sure your speakers are set to "small" and your sub is enabled in your A/V receiver. Don't listen at levels that cause these "popping" sounds...could damage your equipment. Give us some more details to work with!
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks