What's new

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Well, it’s done with and out of the way; and all power to those who had “Mommie Dearest” on their Wish-Lists. I have no problems in knowing that there are others here who are genuinely looking forward.

Meanwhile, I’ll refrain from listing my desired titles; as there are far more films we have in common than not.

Last edited:

Nick*Z

Screenwriter
Real Name
NICK
Like all the prior releases were cinematic gems? 🤨
Yeah...The Golden Child? Elizabethtown? The Greatest Show On Earth without a full-on restoration?!?

Can we please get William Wyler's Carrie, Elephant Walk, The Country Girl, The Day of the Locust, Bridge over Toko-Ri, The World of Suzie Wong, Alfie, We're No Angels (in a proper restoration), The Tin Star, St. Louis Blues, Blue Hawaii, The Five Pennies, One-Eyed Jacks (with its VistaVision logo restored!!!), Donovan's Reef, The High and the Mighty, The Carpetbaggers, The Sons of Katie Elder (restored?!?), The Molly McGuires, Play It Again Sam, Darling Lili. Lots more, but just for kick starters.

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Argh! And still no one mentions The Desperate Hours. I want it!
Double “Honorable Mentions” Wish-List:

Ragtime
and...
The Desperate Hours

NOTE: I mistakingly thought that all Bogart films belonged to WAC. Heck, maybe even Paramount had thought the same, as well.

DOUBLE-NOTE: If Paramount releases The Desperate Hours, I’ll sweeten the pot and purchase a copy of “Mommie Dearest” on good faith.

Last edited:

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
I may just have to reward Paramount Presents with my show of good faith purchase of “Mommie Dearest” much sooner than expected; as the announced “A Place in the Sun” is a true step up in their game.

Heck, if this continues with other titles from my Wish-List being announced, I may even have to give in and buy “Love Story” as another show of support.

Indeed, with “A Place in the Sun” finally being crossed of the list, I’ll have to pencil-in “Ordinary People” as my latest addition to the roster.

Last edited:

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I may just have to reward Paramount Presents with my show of good faith purchase of “Mommie Dearest” much sooner than expected; as the announced “A Place in the Sun” is a true step up in their game.

Heck, if this continues with other titles from my Wish-List being announced, I may even have to give in and buy “Love Story” as another show of support.

Indeed, with “A Place in the Sun” finally being crossed of the list, I’ll have to pencil-in “Ordinary People” as my latest addition to the roster.
NOOOO! Do not debase your taste with Love Story! ;)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
With films like “Mommie Dearest” it’s hard to take the “Paramount Presents” line with any further seriousness.

Yet, Philip, we are also getting or have already gotten A PLACE IN THE SUN, THE COURT JESTER, LAST TRAIN FROM GUN HILL, ROMAN HOLIDAY, etc. at the current pace of roughly three per month. There are also many Criterion titles I wouldn't want to own, but Paramount's track record is improving greatly as the "Presents" line picks up speed. Don't forget that awful 8-years-or-so period of parched earth we got when the studio simply stopped releasing catalog titles. It's going to take them years to catch up after that, but they seem to be trying, and all the power to them!

PMF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Yet, Philip, we are also getting or have already gotten A PLACE IN THE SUN, THE COURT JESTER, LAST TRAIN FROM GUN HILL, ROMAN HOLIDAY, etc. at the current pace of roughly three per month. There are also many Criterion titles I wouldn't want to own, but Paramount's track record is improving greatly as the "Presents" line picks up speed. Don't forget that awful 8-years-or-so period of parched earth we got when the studio simply stopped releasing catalog titles. It's going to take them years to catch up after that, but they seem to be trying, and all the power to them!
My comment was written about 30 hours prior to Robert Crawford’s posting of A PLACE IN THE SUN being announced. My initial concerns have since then been assuaged, big time. Nonetheless, you’ll never be hearing me say, “I’m sorry”. :D

Last edited:

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I may just have to reward Paramount Presents with my show of good faith purchase of “Mommie Dearest” much sooner than expected

Oh, come on, admit you were planning to buy it this whole time. You secretly LOVE it, don't you??

YOU LOVE IT!! :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: PMF

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I'm sorry... That's been out on blu-ray since 2010

1623166521885.png

nobajoba

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd
Update from Amazon says my pre-ordered copy of MD will arrive between June 27-12

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexisMori
Recent bookmarks