What's new

Mojo [MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTION] (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Just checked Amazon to see about ordering MOJO. They're asking $119.00 for a year....$9.94 per issue.
I know I pay a lot for these at the newsstand, but I didn't think they were that much.
Know how to save a few bucks on this great music magazine?

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Not a chance. It's a UK magazine, so it's generally very expensive to import to the US for publishers. Most UK mags are like that unfortunately - there's a few I'd love to subscribe to, but the cost is through the roof.

For some mags that have a large sales base in the US, the US distributor will bulkship them over, which does reduce costs, but adds a small delay.

Try mailing a mag to the UK & you'll be suprised just how much the postage is. The crummy exchange rate doesn't help either.

BTW, a direct subscription from the publisher in the UK to the US costs 59 uk pounds, so Amazon aren't screwing you over.

https://www.subscription.co.uk/secur...UBMIT=Continue

Ron Etaylor

Second Unit
I buy Mojo at Border's books. Not every month, but several times a year. It's $8.75 and worth every penny.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Thanks Brian, thanks Ron...this is why I try not to pay attention when I'm making purchases, it's too upsetting.
Every time I buy a MOJO, which is about every time I see one, I think, "I'll save money if I subscribe!" But I guess I was already getting a bargain at Borders or Barnes & Noble.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
:laugh: SO true!

Question: It sounds like you buy these individually at the bookstore, so why did you go to Amazon for a subscription? Don't they have them in the magazines? I would assume the magazine inserts would be the cheapest.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
My subscription just ended. I won't renew but will buy all new issues at the newstand like I used to (I've been collecting them since issue #42).

I found that I only saved about $10 subscribing, but I got my issue, usually about two weeks AFTER it was on the Seattle news stands. So a couple times I wound up buying itt anyway, then giving my extra copy away.

The reason I subscribed was to get the CDs or other occasional free giveaways that sometimes, due to licensing, would not get released in the US, but except for a Soul compilation CD a few years ago and a White Stripes 45, the places I shop always have the free stuff.

If I got the issue before the news stands or was given a better deal I would renew.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks