What's new

Moisture behind screen on TOS 50in RP (1 Viewer)

Scott Miller

Agent
Had my Toshiba 50" WS RP since January and love it, but unfortunately, just yesterday I noticed in one corner it looks like I've got moisture behind the screen! Any ideas what would cause that? Don't have any humidity problem in the house. Is there an easy way for me to get to the back of the screen or is it time to call in the warranty folks? Thanks!

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

Well, if spiders can get back there, why not moisture.

The screen assembly usually comes off fairly easily, pop the speaker cover off ... disconnect any grounding wires ...

Disconnect the touch focus wires ... unscrew the 4 to 8 screws holding the screen assembly on. Lift up ...

Regards

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Scott, you say you don't have a "humidity problem" yet you have moisture condensation behind the screen on that RPTV? Is the unit by any chance located near a bathroom, and has, say, the shower been run with the door still open? Or has it rained in your area, and the RPTV is near an open window? Moisture collecting behind the screen is a bit extreme.

Scott Miller

Agent
The TV is not near a bathroom or any windows. After further inspection yesterday, it doesn't appear that the moisture is really moisture b/c what I thought were water droplets are still there and have not spread or decreased. Now I'm really stumped as to what it is. I think I'm calling in the warranty folks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks