What's new

MOD's for Pioneer DVD players anyone try them? (1 Viewer)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Here's another:

www.tweakaudio.com

The best place to ask might be audio asylum. I've been thinking about modding mine too (a 47ai), but I'm probably just going to wait until Pioneer does one:

1) without the chroma bug
2) and with complete bass management

Maybe the Marantz 8400, or maybe the Denon 3900 (when it comes out). I like Pioneer though. I wish they'd do a big beefy machine a la the old DV-9, DV-37, etc.

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Phil,

Dan Wright generally gets good press for his mods. You can find dedicated modwright forums in which he participates over at http://www.audiocircle.com and http://www.harmonicdiscord.com, so you may get some customer feedback from them. I haven't been to either of these forums in a while, so I don't know how "warm" these forums are.

Edit: Correction on the first link above.

Doug

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Dan did the Absolute Truth Mod to my XA-777ES. One can also go to http://www.referenceaudiomods.com/Me...Store_Code=RAM
which also has links to other cos. that do mods (on the right hand side of the page). I have a DV-47A and toyed with doing a mod too (it sits in the bedroom system which is on the other side of the wall to my main system and is connected to my main system for audio) but I went out and bought a Samsung HD1000 which has great video and the DVD-A is much better than the Pioneer. In my opinion, it is much better to do the mod to a machine you intend to keep for audio playback. Video playback and features (e.g. HD DVD in 5 years???) will change (e.g. DVI and upscaling via it) with new chip technology on a regular basis. That is why I did my XA-777ES. It was something I could live with even without the mods and with them it is better than most anything out there and I think it will still be great sounding compared to what is out there for many years to come.

Phil_DC

Stunt Coordinator
I signed up at Harmonicdiscord website for their forum in which Modwright has their on message board. I am going to see about modding my 47Ai and getting some more feedback from some who already have. I am a huge fan of SACD and DVD-A multi channel music so if I can improve on the music playback that already sounds damn good I am game.

Estevan

Stunt Coordinator
Phil_DC,

while i can't say anything about his Pioneer mods specifically (not yet, anyway), i can say that his modification work is outstanding: he did a complete modification of my Sony DVP-S9000ES (Level III, transport, Audiocom Super Regulator, and Full Bybee mods) and as a result i feel that i have a truly impressive two-channel machine. the quality of the work is incredible, the turn-around at the time was great (as i understand, he is much busier now), and the ongoing communication and updates i had from him during the upgrade process were much appreciated. as i result of the experience, i intend on sending the 9000ES back to him for the "Truth" modification as well as sending him my Pioneer 47A for the "Signature Truth" mods...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks