What's new

Modest Mouse - "We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank" album (1 Viewer)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
I managed to hear Modest Mouse's new album recently which comes out on March 20th, Has anybody else heard this album yet? Impressions? I like it. Infact, the song that immediately caught my attention was "Parting of the Sensory". Fantastic song. Other than that at this time, Id have to listen to the album again. It seems like they stayed true to their form, not becoming mainstream. The video of "Dashboard" (in 480p), which is their first single off the album, can be downloaded free from Xbox Live if you have a 360. The video is pretty cool. seems to be about fishermen and a gigantic fish in a mythical island or something. Pretty cool stuff.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Huge MM fan. I wasn't impressed with their 2004 release but this one is sweet. My favorite song is definetly Spitting Venom and also Florida. I really hope these guys decide to swing through Alberta on the tour..

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
You know, thats a good point. I would love to see them live. I should check their tour schedule.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
Didn't Johnny Marr join MM? The one song I have heard on the radio I like a lot. Will be looking to pick this one up.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D

Apparently so of which I previously wasn't aware

From Wikipedia:

In an interview[1], Isaac Brock said of Johnny Marr, "He made a cautious commitment to write and record with us, and then the tighter we got, he was like, ‘okay, let's tour too.' Then he was pretty much a member of the band-- not pretty much. He's a full blown member of the band. It's really fuckin' nice." According to Brock, Marr was involved in songwriting on the album, and will even tour with the band in support of it. In the interview, Brock described We Were Dead as a "nautical balalaika carnival romp." Johnny Marr later responded to Brock's comments by saying, "Isaac contacted me and asked if I'd help Modest Mouse write the new album. I was intrigued and played with the band in Portland a couple of times. We hit it off and wrote three great songs straight away, something clicked, it felt right from the off. I have a new Healers album pretty much done, but we've been having such a good time playing these new Modest Mouse songs. When people hear the record they'll see why, we're very good together."

Brian_cyberbri

Stunt Coordinator
I'm really looking forward to this album.
I'd download the stuff off of XBL, but I just sent my 360 off for repair on Monday.

The new Shins album is phenomenal, btw, if you haven't checked it out yet.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Ill check out the Shins, but Im also sure you can find the video for Dashboard on line somewhere, youtube has a behind the scenes video from the shoot. so they probably have the video as well. otherwise Im sure you can find it online somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks