What's new

Modern Family - season 3 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I think it makes sense, actually.. it's hard to stick with a character as baby/toddler to slightly more grown up. I also think it's better for that kid's future sanity that they do it.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Never watched the Olsen twins from their show, just a few clips here and there. They looked like complete idiots. Must be good investing and planning from their managers and parents that they turned out how then did because neither has any talent. Glad they're aging Lily a little more naturally rather than a Desperate Housewives fast forward.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Season 3 Cast Photo:
imgrepo
Season 3 Cast Portraits:
imgrepo

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Modern Family returns for season 3 tonight in an hour-long episode (or 2 back-to-back episodes).

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The first half hour was fine, but the second half hour was a series classic IMO. Probably better than any episode in the entire second season but "Caught in the Act". I do think they missed an opportunity by not reshooting the title sequence for each season. It would be neat seeing these three families grow up like that.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Both were good. I liked 1 better than 2 (just thought it was funnier)...but I love the way the writers can weave the three parallel storylines together like they did tonight in episode 2.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
MattH. said:
Going to enjoy Lily now more involved in the stories. Found both episodes really funny tonight.
Agreed 100 percent. The new Lily embodies what we were told about the old Lily. I like that she's not a perfect little bundle of adorableness. Every character, even the toddler, has his or her defining flaws.
Mike Frezon said:
Both were good. I liked 1 better than 2 (just thought it was funnier)...but I love the way the writers can weave the three parallel storylines together like they did tonight in episode 2.
I think I gave episode 2 more credit because it was dealing with very mundane subject matter that I found insanely relatable. My mother was so much like Claire when I was growing up, some lines are honest to God verbatim quotes from my childhood. By contrast, it's easy to make an awe inspiring location like Jackson Hole, Wyoming into a special episode. (I do like that they pick up the whole production and actually go to where they say they are for the vacation episodes. There's a huge difference between Wyoming and rural-California-sitting-in-for-Wyoming.)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
As was Gloria's policy for when she hits something while driving: "Never luuuke back!" I've really enjoyed the way they've played up the divide between the Pritchett personality and the Dunphy personality. Haley and Luke are definitely type-B Dunphy personalities, while Alex is definitely a type-A Pritchett personality. Accordingly, Alex and Uncle Mitchell get along famously.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Patrick Sun

Tazed Phil was philarious.

In that moment, I particularly loved how the condition of the baseball card kept deteriorating as Phil squeezed it and reported on its condition. Had me rolling.

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
Manny's drive-by had me laughing pretty good!

Oh, and Gloria with a gun? Yowza!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yep, the "bad boys" were very funny. As usual for me, Ty Burrell stole the show with his (funny) devastated demeanor finding out about his oldest daughter.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
spshultz said:
Manny's drive-by had me laughing pretty good!
The drive-by was funny. The drive-by in reverse was hilarious.
MattH. said:
As usual for me, Ty Burrell stole the show with his (funny) devastated demeanor finding out about his oldest daughter.
I've always really liked the Phil-Haley relationship. There's a really sweetness and mutual appreciation there; loved the dueling interview cut-aways, with Phil thinking he'd blown it and Haley thinking he was really cool. Loved the credit tag, though, when Phil finds out Claire's known for months and -- instead of being annoyed that she kept such a huge secret from him -- he's just really grateful for those extra months of obliviousness.

filthybass

Auditioning
Real Name
Jackson James
I absolutely love Modern Family. Who doesn't? I didn't even have any interest in starting this show initially and probably never would have if it weren't for my Communication class that put me into this group. I was pretty sour at first because I wanted Desperate Housewives!! But I have grown to love this show. I don't know who I like more.. Phil or Cam. :) Phil reminds me of a less obnoxious Steve Carrell from the Office...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks