What's new

Modern Family - season 2 thread (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Fun premiere. Not a series best by any means, but solid. Loved the station wagon going over the cliff. Loved the nails coming through the wall inches from Cameron's head in the flashback.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
From beginning to end, one of the funniest half hours this fall. Just rapid fire fun. One of the best of the series IMHO

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Agreed. I loved the doorstop scene where Alex asks her texting buddy to kiss her, only to find the entire soccer team behind the door. As the look of abject horror dawned across the face of this pretentious, and normally severely composed kid, I nearly died. And then when she fled, all dignity gone to the wind, I just about did die. And then when she comes in the kitchen to find out that it's already made it to Haley through the txt msg grapevine, I finally did die. I don't think there's anything funnier than seeing serious and sober individuals completely lose their shit. All of the other storylines were firing on all cylinders as well. This show has perhaps the best cast on television today. And the writers know every character extremely well; an increasing amount of the humor relies on the audience's accumulated knowledge of these characters, and I can't recall a single out of character beat.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I LOL hard when the son slipped a pan of soda under the stuck bathroom door, telling his mom that they'd have to lap it up like kittens.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Anyone notice the super shaky camera work this week? It was even more shaky than the typical handheld documentary style of the previous eps.

Almost made me nauseous.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Far and away the funniest episode so far this season. Mitchel's Spider-Man storyline had me gasping, as it went from awkward to terrifying to horrifying to utterly humiliating. Haley's succession of too suggestive costumes, culminating in sexy Mother Teresa, had me dying. And then there was Phil's reaction every time he tripped the scare gag on the prop coffin.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
"I'm like Mother Theresa when she was young and hot" Thank god I wasn't drinking anything.

Thta was great stuff.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

Far and away the funniest episode so far this season. Mitchel's Spider-Man storyline had me gasping, as it went from awkward to terrifying to horrifying to utterly humiliating. Haley's succession of too suggestive costumes, culminating in sexy Mother Teresa, had me dying. And then there was Phil's reaction every time he tripped the scare gag on the prop coffin.

Me too, this was an absolute riot! One thing I like about this show is it has heart and always a message about family. Clair was so disappointed that none of her family was going along with her and all into their own little world. But as always, the gang comes through for her in the end. It was funny as heck and a great show for sure.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
OMG Mitchell's Spider-Man was LOL hillarious, when he was climbing down the pole I lost it and those 2 guys at his work made me laugh too. That pimp always was smiling and seeing that through the window when the gig was up had me laughing out loud.

It was trippy listening to Gloria speak without the thick accent.........and she is just too hot no matter what she is doing.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
Just caught up on the show, and been enjoying this season as much as the first one.

"I wish I was one of those people who thrives on living a double life. You know - Bruce Wayne, Peter Parker, Hannah Montana"

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Easily the best episode of the season, and quite possibly the funniest of the series. I loved everything about the Dunphy storyline, from the perfectly executed for maximum hilarity walk-in scene to the aftermath to the actually pretty touching scene at the gas station parking lot to the beat at the end with the lock with the very distinctive noise.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
What parent doesn't fear this moment on some level? Come on, seriously.. very funny, from beginning to end, and the scene between the wives HILARIOUS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks