What's new

Modeling software for diy, opinions wanted (1 Viewer)

MarkRoberts

Stunt Coordinator
I know this is the Diy forum but I figured these are the opinions I am after.
I am looking to purchase some speaker modeling software.The two options that stand out to me at this point are:
1. Bass box 6 pro/ x-over 3 pro package deal at PE.
2. WinSpeakerz from www.trueaudio.com

I am looking for software that does both box modeling and x-over modeling. If there are others I should consider please let me know.
Thanks,
Mark

MarkRoberts

Stunt Coordinator
How bout soundeasy anyone out there using it? It was recommended to me at another forum.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
I currently use LspCAD. I've used SoundEasy in the past and the learning curve is steep.

I also have BB Pro it's very user friendly but if one gets really deeply involved it's quickly outgrown. Also it doesn't include any speaker testing program. LspCAD includes a free testing program called JustMLS.

There are also a ton of very good freeware programs available. Here's a link to one of the best selections.
http://www.pvconsultants.com/audio/frdgroup.htm

Here's a link to an amazing freeware design and testing program. They even have a forum for support.
http://www.audua.com/SW/Feature%20Summary.htm

MarkRoberts

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Thomas, it looks like LspCAD or soundeasy. I need some computer upgrades first though:frowning: Mainly the sound card.

Thomas are you using the standard or pro version of LspCAD? There is a 360.00 price difference? The standard version is half the cost of SoundEasy that is very appealing. Leaves me enough scratch for a new sound card.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
I started with LspCAD regular and upgraded to Pro when it was first offered. The Pro version offers the XO emmulator.

If when I was a noobie to speaker design; someone had pointed out Speaker Workshop, that's what I'd have learned and used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks