Modeling software for diy, opinions wanted

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by MarkRoberts, Sep 4, 2004.

1. MarkRoberts

MarkRoberts Stunt Coordinator

I know this is the Diy forum but I figured these are the opinions I am after.
    I am looking to purchase some speaker modeling software.The two options that stand out to me at this point are:
    1. Bass box 6 pro/ x-over 3 pro package deal at PE.
    2. WinSpeakerz from www.trueaudio.com

I am looking for software that does both box modeling and x-over modeling. If there are others I should consider please let me know.
    Thanks,
    Mark

2. MarkRoberts

How bout soundeasy anyone out there using it? It was recommended to me at another forum.

3. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

I currently use LspCAD. I've used SoundEasy in the past and the learning curve is steep.

I also have BB Pro it's very user friendly but if one gets really deeply involved it's quickly outgrown. Also it doesn't include any speaker testing program. LspCAD includes a free testing program called JustMLS.

There are also a ton of very good freeware programs available. Here's a link to one of the best selections.
    http://www.pvconsultants.com/audio/frdgroup.htm

Here's a link to an amazing freeware design and testing program. They even have a forum for support.
    http://www.audua.com/SW/Feature%20Summary.htm

4. MarkRoberts

Thanks Thomas, it looks like LspCAD or soundeasy. I need some computer upgrades first though[​IMG] Mainly the sound card.

Thomas are you using the standard or pro version of LspCAD? There is a 360.00 price difference? The standard version is half the cost of SoundEasy that is very appealing. Leaves me enough scratch for a new sound card.

5. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

I started with LspCAD regular and upgraded to Pro when it was first offered. The Pro version offers the XO emmulator.

If when I was a noobie to speaker design; someone had pointed out Speaker Workshop, that's what I'd have learned and used.