What's new

mock me if you want to, but I thought "Just Married" with Ashton kutcher was good (1 Viewer)

todd stone

Screenwriter
I just saw this movie on HBO for the first time, thinking it would be terrible, but there were some pretty funny scenes and mannerisms that made me laugh pretty good.

anyone else like this movie, even just a bit?

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
Count me in as another fan.
I bought this blind, I think it was a BB 2fer sale. I thought it was funny and surprisingly sweet natured, and darn it, a bit touching. Think I need to go watch it again...

I have no problem being mocked, I get that a lot from co-workers (usually because I actually have good taste when it comes to movies ;) )

Dustin Harrison

Stunt Coordinator
I liked it too, but then again, I'm a big fan of That 70's show and Dude where's my car.

Nobody plays a dumbass like Ashton.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Amen to that. I've always thought AK was quite funny. For some reason it seems refreshing to see a good looking guy who's unafraid to act like a total spaz/bonehead. I've thought most of his films were funny, including "Dude..." and "Just Married." I haven't seen "My Boss's Daughter" yet, but hope to soon. :b :D

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
No, No this was a good comedy. I laughed alot and own it. I hate trash teen comedies like "American Pie" "dude..." but this is not like those.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I caught about 45 minutes of it a few weeks ago on HBO and it was horrible.
If you want to see bad things happening to people and have it be funny, rent the original "The Out of Towners."

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
looks like I'm the only one mocking.

YOU STUPID DOODY-HEADS! DUMMY DUMMY DOODOOHEDZ!! HAHAHAHAHA. I flick a booger in your general direction, peons!

..okay, seriously, I thought this was one of the worst movies I'd seen in a long time, but I wouldn't MOCK anyone who liked it. My girlfriend rented it one night because we thought it'd be cute--but it just doesn't work. In order for a movie like this to work, the characters have to be SOMEWHAT likable, so you can more easily identify with their struggles while laughing at their flustered frustration. Except neither Kutcher nor Murphy can craft a decent human being out of these characters. So when they start getting on each others nerves, I don't want to laugh at it, I want them to start socking each other in the face with large blunt objects because I dislike their characters that much

And that's the STARTING of the movie. Moving forward from there, there's nothing very original. There's a couple tweaks to the formula here and there, but for the most part you have unsympathetic characters acting like total assholes to each other, insincere, self-absorbed arrogant assholes, and doing unfunny stuff to each other. Which then makes the "weepy" ending even more ridiculous. It's bad enough when a slapstick comedy tries to pluck a few heartstrings at the end of the movie, but this movie does it so ham-handedly, and with characters who we've been shown to be completely devoid of any emotion deeper than a wet sheet of looseleaf notebook paper, then it's completely crap.

In short: Almost NOTHING funny happens--the characters are whiny and irritating, and the situations are tired.

BUT: If you actually LIKE the two leads, I can see how the opinion would change, and I can see people liking them. They're young, cute and goofy. that can go a long way in a comedy. I just felt their irritating, selfish, and mean sides completely overpowered any "charming" attributes they had. The whole endeavor seemed heartless to me.

NANNER NANNER, YOU STOOPID FACES! NANNER NANNER, MOCK MOCK MOCK ;)

I'll be over here, with my satisfied, highly sophisticated and superior sense of comedy--watching Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back ;) The part where Jay's bare ass fills the screen and he farts on the cops hand!? COMEDY GOLD, JERRY! That's sophistication I don't think Albert Brooks could have ever dreamed up, lemme tell you what.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks