Mobo Question

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Adam Sanchez, Mar 21, 2004.

  1. Adam Sanchez

    Adam Sanchez Supporting Actor

    Oct 4, 1999
    Likes Received:
    Just a quick silly question, please forgive the ignornance of it. Is there another name for a Socket 423 that holds a P4 with a 400 MHz Front Side Bus? That's what my current motherboard is and just wanted to look up some other boards that would take my existing processor and the site I was looking at didn't list any sockets by that name.

    Also would my processor work in an high end Mobo? Is the FSB Mobo dependant or do I need a matching processor? (I i have a Pentium 4 1.7 Ghz.)
  2. Chris

    Chris Lead Actor

    Jul 4, 1997
    Likes Received:
    You'll need a socket 423 board, as Intel transitioned to Sock478, so all new chips are 478 from Intel.

    No other name for it. Because Socket 423 has been out of production for more then a year, most manufacturers don't list or market it anymore.


Share This Page