What's new

Mnemic (melodic hardcore/metal) (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I just discovered this great danish band, Mnemic. http://www.mnemic.com

They remind me of Fear Factory but with more hardcore influences in the vocals, but also catchier hooks. I know some people might frown on that, but I like hooks, in the right music. They balance it out with some good old screaming in the verses and great riffs.

Just listen to the song "Illuminate" from their latest album "The Audio Injected Soul" and tell me that's not the catchiest hook you've heard in a long time! :)

/Mike

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I just downloaded that album because they didn't have Illuminate on the website.

Holy shit! This is really good stuff. Thank you for telling us about this band, because I never would have heard of them if it wasn't for you!

They actually remind me of The Dillinger Escape Plan (without all the technicality) more than Fear Factory.

It is very catchy, however I think the hooks in Setting Fire To Sleeping Giants and Unretrofied, both by The Dillinger Escape Plan are a little bit catchier.

Heh. I'm referring to DEP so much in this post. You should really check out their latest album, Miss Machine. It is one of the most catchy, technical, and original albums I've heard in a long time. www.dillingerescapeplan.com

MickeS

Senior HTF Member

Mnemic's often sweeping choruses and some of the production is what mostly reminded me of Fear Factory.

They definitely operate in the same genre as DEP too though. However, the "technicality" of DEP is a little off-putting to me sometimes. Too often they are a little too clever for their own good, IMO, where Mnemic has a more straightforward direction.

But "Miss Machine" overall is a pretty solid album, too. What I like is the unpredictability of it. For me it's one of those albums that I like better in theory than when actually listening to it. :)

You might want to check out the band Soilwork too if you like this stuff. I don't have their latest album though, only the 2002 release "Natural Born Chaos", which has almost a punk feeling to it in addition to the metal choruses. A warning though, they have a much more pronounced metal tint to the music. :)

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Thanks for posting-I forgot this was coming out today! It wasn't on the release list I normally check out online.

And for a similar band, have you guys checked Sybreed? Another "cybermetal" band, pretty cool record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks