What's new

MMORPG for Xbox (1 Viewer)

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
Is there any chance that this might happen? I think it would be pretty wild playing a Massive world online game similar to Eve-Online or Asherons Call 2. Is this even possible with the Consoles?

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Well, Star Wars Galaxies : An Empire Divided is coming for Xbox Live. This will be like EQ and require a separate fee on top of your Xbox Live payment.

Phantasy Star I/II is coming as well, and I've read that there will be NO charge for playing that online.

There's a cel-shaded Japanese game called True Fantasy Online (tentative title I believe) that's coming as well.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Well, Star Wars Galaxies : An Empire Divided is coming for Xbox Live.
No its not. The Star Wars MMORPG coming to the Xbox and PS2 will more than likely be a very different game. Do not expect a port of the PC online game that everyone is drooling over right now.

Oscar Saenz

Stunt Coordinator
Phantasy Star I/II is coming as well, and I've read that there will be NO charge for playing that online.
Actually, a very "reliable" source on the www.xbox.com forums claims that there will be extra charges for playing Phantasy Star Online Episode I&II. Also, PSO, is more of a Gauntlet online type game than it really is a MMORPG. Only 4 people can go adventuring at a time. You don't really get the chance to roam freely within the world of Ragol.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Project Ego, or whatever it's called now, will be a mmorpg for the XBox IIRC.
You recall incorrectly. It's most definitely a single player experience. There may be Live downloads etc, but the game is a single player experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks