What's new

Mmmm, Tivolicious... (1 Viewer)

Michael K

Auditioning
...tap tap tap... Hello, is this thing on? Anyone here? :)
Anyway, my gf just bought a 20 hr Tivo on Tuesday--that's why I was late for the chat--and I just have to say: "OH MY GOD! How did I live without this thing?!"
I don't really have any questions; it has a very intuitive design and very well written manual. My only problem is it won't dial up with the phone line splitter, and I simply chalk that up to the crappy wiring in my crappy apartment.
Actually, I lied. I just thought of a few questions for my fellow Tivo owners:
  • Does anyone here have v2.0 yet?
  • Has anyone upgraded to a larger hard drive yet, and if so did you do it yourself?
  • If so, what HD did you use? CNet went with an 80 gig drive for faster access times; should I stick with a 80 gig drive or go for the gusto?
------------------
lsabre.gif
michaelk.gif
johnwoo.gif

"There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?" --Randal Graves, Clerks
Fight The Good Fight, Help Get These Titles On DVD:
Ren & Stimpy | Nirvana | Office Space:SE

Mike Lang

Stunt Coordinator
Welcome to the TiVolution! I've been running 2.0.1 for about 6 months now. You're gunna love it. I never bothered with the HD upgrade, I just kept buying more TiVos.
------------------

Scott Stevens

Stunt Coordinator
Check out the TIVo discussions over at AVS forum - plenty of info on adding an additional hard drive, as well as a great help center and coffee house.

Michael K

Auditioning
Thanks, Scott. I lurk over there, but I still trust the HTF's opinion more. :)
------------------
lsabre.gif
michaelk.gif
johnwoo.gif

"There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?" --Randal Graves, Clerks
Fight The Good Fight, Help Get These Titles On DVD:
Ren & Stimpy | Nirvana | Office Space:SE

Eric-S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Eric Schnabel
I have version 2.0.1 and it is great! I have a 14 hr phillips which I upgraded with a 60gig maxtor hard drive. I did it myself, and it was very easy.
Under version 1.3 I had 91 hours at the basic quality. However, under 2.0.1 that has dropped to 81 hours. This was expected although I don't think Tivo has given a reason yet.
Eric

Steve Zatkoff

Stunt Coordinator
"Thanks, Scott. I lurk over there, but I still trust the HTF's opinion more. "
Michael, You would probably be suprised about how many HTF'ers belong on to the TIVO forum. I'm not telling you this to drive you away from the HTF, but simply that there is a wealth of information at the TIVO forum from a bunch of people that are extremely knowledgable and very enthusiastic about the product.
I got my 30 hour Philips unit in December and have hav version 2.0.1 since February. I will upgrade my drives when I get to the point that I am running out of space.
Good Luck,
Steve
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks