What's new

Mmmm...MDF sawdust! (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was in speaking building nirvana yesterday as I embarked on creating a center channel speaker that would be incorporated into my current speaker line-up (using same drivers all around now). I was kicking up plenty of MDF sawdust, covered from head to toe in the stuff, just having a fun time. The front baffle is done, and the box is pretty much glued up, but I need to glue in the bracing and caulk the interior seams, and screw in the back panel.

After that, it's just a matter of mucking with the crossover and tweaking.

I'll try to post a pic or two later.

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Ahhh...I love the smell of MDF dust in the morning!
You'll post "...a pic or two...!??? Yeah, right. More like a dozen or two ;)

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
Plum Creek MDF = no VOC's, but still plenty of sawdust.

A few years ago I started using a fullblown respirator instead of 'dust masks'. Even with the huge price difference it's is well worth it.....

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Thomas, you're like me. I use a full respirator for that as well as when I'm working with stains and clearcoats. It's amazing that you can work with Deft and not smell a thing until you take off the respirator and realize just how bad it stinks. I made the mistake once of not using it when I was spraying Deft and got quite high....I don't know how many brain cells I lost but I can't afford to lose any more! ;)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Mmmmmm, most any kind of sawdust, or wood for that matter smells good.
I just started building another man-shed out back along side the house this past weekend. Cutting up 2x4's, 2x6's and poured 3 concrete footings. She'll come in at just about 75sf. My other shed is 120sf.
I love wood working.
Peace Out~:D

Cam S

Screenwriter
You we'll see guys converting sheds and garages into theater's, haha. Wait a minute, I have a monster shed out back, hmmmm :D

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Naaaaa, next step in the growth of the Green Room with be the Green Garage:)
Peace Out~:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks