What's new

ML Depth sound (1 Viewer)

I have just received all of my AV equipment. I have some new and some used. My depth seems to be in mint condition, but it is used. It has the power light and there was hum when I plugged and unplugged the analysis plus sub oval connect. I have a B&K 507 that is brand new. I have the connect hooked out of the avr and into the .LFE properly . I have the subwoofer turned on in the speaker menu. I have the subwoofer turned on in the DVD player menu. I cann't get any bass out of cds or 5.1 dvds I am starting to get worried--I don't think it should work with the cd unless I have a L&R Y connect. I have it crossed over at 70 like the ML manual says high pass 12; low pass 24. I have the knobs positioned on the back like indicated in the manual. I have all speakers set to small. It is set to a level of 00. What am I missing?

Please help--really worried about used gear!:frowning:

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
How do you have the DVD player connected to the receiver?

Turning the sub on in the DVD player will do nothing unless you are using multichannel outputs from the player.

Depending on your configuration, you may not get activity from the sub in stereo mode. It sounds like you have it set correctly for movies however.

The dvd player is connected via digital coax. I now have also gotten a couple of adaptors. The sub oval cable is still going in .LFE, but it also Ys over to the L & R input--if you follow. One cable is now connected to .LFE and L&R--still nothing.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Have you tried it with speaker level input? Starting to sound like the sub is not working.

Well,

I have been setting up my whole system, cutting and patching drywall, and squeezing through my attack all weekend. I had tried everything, then it dawned on me. Try the obvious. The used analysis plus sub oval cable I bought was the culprit. My friend brought an old sub cable over for me to try and that was it.

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks